Sharing is caring!
Give this Instant Pot Apple Cheesecake with an apple cinnamon toppng a try. This apple cheesecake recipe is going to blow you away. Warm cinnamon apple flavor in a velvety cheesecake base.
This almond flour crust works nicely with the apple flavor in every single bite. This apple cinnamon dessert is great for the holidays but also any other time of the year.
Table of contents
- Why You Will Love This Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cheesecake
- Equipment Need to Make Instant Pot Cheesecake
- How to Make Apple Cheesecake
- What makes cheesecake fall?
- Why do you put eggs in cheesecake?
- Do you need a water bath for cheesecake for pressure cooker cheesecake?
- Is cheesecake still jiggly when done?
- Is it okay if my cheesecake cracks?
- Want More Dessert Instant Pot Recipes
Why You Will Love This Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cheesecake
- Uses a sugar-free sweetener
- Full of apple cinnamon flavor
- Made with real diced apples
- Gorgeous presentation
Equipment Need to Make Instant Pot Cheesecake
How to Make Apple Cheesecake
Crust | The first thing you will do is work on your almond flour-based crust. Mix it up and press down into your springform or push pan that fits your Instant Pot.
Apple Cheesecake Filling | Mix up your base cheesecake filling making sure to not overmix. Pour into the pan on top of the crust. Cover tightly and pressure cook.
Cool and Refrigerate | Once your apple cheesecake is cooked, remove and allow to cool for an hour. Then cover and refrigerator for at least 6 hours to overnight to set up the cheesecake.
Apple Cinnamon Topping | Now you will work on your apple topping and sauce and decorate the cheesecake. Then slice and serve up your apple cinnamon cheesecake.
What makes cheesecake fall?
Cheesecakes can fall from overmixing the batter or having too much air in the cheesecake. Once you add the eggs to the batter it is important to not overmix.
Why do you put eggs in cheesecake?
Eggs act as a thickening agent that gives you that creamy texture you enjoy from cheesecake. Without the eggs, in the cheesecake, the whole cheesecake wouldn't be the right texture and hold together the way you want.
Do you need a water bath for cheesecake for pressure cooker cheesecake?
For this pressure cooker cheesecake, you will add water into the pressure cooker. Liquid has to be used in the Instant Pot, as that is what brings the pressure cooker to pressure.
Now, you will sit your cheesecake on a trivet, as you do not want your cheesecake to be submerged in the water in your pressure cooker.
Is cheesecake still jiggly when done?
You will find if you gently shake your cheesecake and just the center wiggles slightly the cheesecake is done. It will be around a 2 inch section, and you don't want any liquid to show when you jiggle.
If the cheesecake jiggles anymore than that, you will want to re-cover and re-pressure cook for another 5 minutes or so.
Is it okay if my cheesecake cracks?
Cheesecake cracks happen, and while they might not provide a stunning presentation, they are fine. It just means that you have either over-baked or air released as it baked.
With this recipe, you top with apples and glaze, so that it will hide any imperfections of your cheesecake.
Want More Dessert Instant Pot Recipes
Special equipment needed:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 8-ounce blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1¼ cup water
Apple Cinnamon Topping:
- Coat the inside of the springform pan with the non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare the crust by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir until the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared springform pan and spread into a uniform layer covering the entire bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer for at least one hour.
- To prepare the batter, beat the following ingredients in a large mixing bowl, one at a time, for 10-15 seconds per ingredient: Cream cheese, vanilla extract, monk fruit sweetener, heavy cream, and the eggs, one at a time. (Do not overwork to avoid incorporating extra air into the batter). Tip: Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl with a plastic spatula before adding each new ingredient to ensure all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated into the batter.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and pour the batter on top of the chilled crust. Smooth into a uniform layer and gently tap the pan on the counter several times to release any air bubbles in the batter.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot cooking container and place the springform pan onto the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot. Carefully place the trivet and pan into the Instant Pot with the handles positioned upwards for easy removal.
- Add the lid and lock into place. Select the “Manual” button and make sure it is set to “High.” Adjust cook time to 30 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally until the pin drops (up to 10 minutes). If it takes longer than 10 minutes, do a quick release for any remaining steam. Carefully remove the lid and lift the cheesecake out by the trivet handles with potholders. Set on the counter to cool for 10-15 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Before serving, prepare the topping by selecting the “Sauté” function on the medium setting. Add the butter and stir to cover the bottom of the pot while it melts.
- Add the apple wedges, ground cinnamon, allspice, maple syrup, water, and salt to the unit. Stir until the apples are thoroughly coated in the cinnamon-maple mixture. Sauté until the apples are crisp tender, but not mushy, and the sauce has thickened, approximately 4-5 minutes. Turn the unit off and transfer the apple mixture into a bowl to cool slightly.
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and carefully release the springform pan. Arrange the warm apple slices on top of the cheesecake and drizzle with the cinnamon-maple sauce. Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top and serve immediately.
- Batter ingredients must be room temperature for this recipe to work. Allow 2 hours or more to achieve the correct temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pressure Cooker Sling，Silicone Bakeware Sling for 6 Qt/8 Qt Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi and Multi-function Cooker Anti-scalding Bakeware Lifter Steamer Rack，BPA-Free Silicone Egg Steamer Rack（Gray)
Katbite Heavy Duty Parchment Rounds 7 Inch 200 Pcs, 4"6"8"9"10"12" Parchment Paper Rounds Available, Uses for Cake Baking, Air Fryer Liners
Springform Pan, MCIRCO 7" Non-stick Cake Pan Cheesecake Pan Leakproof Round Pan 7 Inch Cake Pan for Instant Pot with Removable Waffle Bottom and Quick-Release Latch Red Coating
Amount Per Serving Calories 607Total Fat 53gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 175mgSodium 292mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 4gSugar 16gProtein 12g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!