Your favorite pressure cooker just got better! The new Instant Pot air fryer has finally hit the market, and here’s everything you need to know about it.
So you’ve heard a lot about the new Instant Pot air fryer, and are probably wondering how it really is in terms of functionality and use. Well guess what? We’ve got answers to all your pressing questions right here.
Scroll down and keep reading to know more.
What’s Hot About the Instant Pot Air Fryer?
Marketed as Duo Crisp, the Instant Pot air fryer is just what it seems like- a pressure cooker and an air fryer in one! If you’re wondering how it is possible for this hybrid to work, well, that’s because it comes with two different lids- each for a different purpose.
You’ll find your basic pressure cooking functions available at a touch of a button, but that’s not all.
- With the Duo Crisp, you can also air fry your foods and make them get that perfect crispy outer, with little to no oil.
- You’ll also find functions like broiling, air frying, roasting, dehydrating and baking with this device.
- For pressure cooking, you’ll find functions like slow cook, steam, saute and sous vide.
- The cooker and the air fryer lid aside, all the parts that make up the device are dishwasher safe and super easy to clean.
- The Instant Pot is well designed. It is easy to remove the air fryer basket using oven mitts, and you can also easily fit a cake pan in there if you want to.
- It comes in a nice 8-quart size variant, which is great if you’re cooking for a family, and need a single device that does it all.
Accessories Worth Drooling Over
The Instant Pot air fryer comes packed with a reversible rack that you can use for cooking and steaming. You’ll also find a cool base that you can use to set the hot lid over after you’re done cooking, so that your kitchen countertop is protected from the heat.
Apart from these two, you might want to consider investing in a few Instant Pot essentials like an extra sealing ring, a tempered glass lid, a steamer basket, tongs or a springform pan.
Is it Worth the Buy?
The Instant Pot Duo Crisp comes at a much higher price tag than most other models it has in the line, but if you’re someone who’s looking for a complete device that does it all, it is definitely worth the buy.
It saves you the time and effort of operating multiple different devices, is easier to clean, and is great if you’re looking to make cooking easier.
On the downside, if you’re looking for the convenience of set and forget functions that other Instant Pot models have, and if you’re not too keen on the air fryer function, you might want to give this a miss.
Inclined to go ahead and give it a shot? Here are a few cool recipes you should come back to later when you’ve got your hands on it!