Serve up a tasty and easy Instant Pot 2 Ingredient Lemon 7-up Cake. You have a 7-up cake (or a Sprite cake!) that you steam right in your pressure cooker.
Serve up an easy lemon cake recipe that is full of lemon flavor in every bite.
Table of contents
- Instant Pot 2-Ingredient Lemon 7-Up Cake
- Can You Put Glaze On The Lemon Cake
- How To Make 7up Cake In Instant Pot
- Can I Use Ginger Ale Instead
- Cake Making Supplies
- Craving More Dessert Recipes
- How To Store Lemon 7-up Instant Pot Cake
- Can You Freeze This Cake
- Variations To Instant Pot Lemon Cake
- Get More of Our Latest Recipes
Instant Pot 2-Ingredient Lemon 7-Up Cake
7-up and lemon cake are two things that you need. It takes minutes to whip up, and then place right in your Instant Pot and let it do all the work.
If you love desserts, lemon desserts to be exact, then you will enjoy this cake. I wanted to create something that was simple to make, few ingredients and tasty.
Can You Put Glaze On The Lemon Cake
Of course. If you have a favorite glaze go right ahead and make up a cream cheese or basic glaze to drizzle over the cake.
Now, if you do some glaze then you will want to drizzle this over a cooled cake. If you pour it over a hot cake it will melt into the cake. Which you don't want.
You could also top the cake with whipped cream, which is delicious.
How To Make 7up Cake In Instant Pot
If you are wanting to make this cake the full recipe is in the printable recipe card below. But the rundown is you whip up your cake batter. Then pour into your Instant Pot safe pan, and add water into your Instant Pot.
Place the trivet in, and then gently lower your cake in the pressure cooker with a sling. Then cook accordingly.
Can I Use Ginger Ale Instead
I have not personally tried using any other pop besides 7-up and Sprite. I would say that if you do use it, it could slightly change the flavor a bit of the cake. I can't say it will taste the same, I would assume a slight flavor change.
You can definitely use Sprite or another lemon-lime soda though.
The 7 Up gives the cake a nice light airy texture. If you have never used pop in baking a cake, you should give it a try.
Cake Making Supplies
You can use a bunt pan if you have one, or use a cheesecake push pan.
- 6-inch by 3-inch Push Pan or 7-inch by 3-inch Push Pan- I recently started using a high push pan instead of a spring-form pan. In my opinion, the cheesecake looks amazing this way.
- Silicone Sling- This is an essential unless you want to make a sling out of foil every time you make a cheesecake or use a pan in the Instant Pot that needs to be lifted out.
- Large Decorating Tips- I used a decorating tip and reusable icing bag to pipe frosting onto the top of the cake. It gives the cake a prettier, more professional style.
- Reusable Decorating Bag- Do yourself a favor and invest in a nice reusable bag for decorating cakes and cupcakes. It works so much better than the disposable bags and is better for the environment. Even better, they are pretty inexpensive.
- Parchment Rounds- Pre-cut parchment rounds (and squares) are available in a variety of sizes depending on your needs. This can be a huge time-saver so you don't have to measure and cut a circle out.
Craving More Dessert Recipes
- Rice Pudding | Here you have a creamy and tasty rice pudding that uses the pot-in-pot method. Loads of creamy flavor, tender rice, and raisins.
- Lemon Blueberry Cobbler | If you love cobbler, whip up this lemon dessert. Another easy and tasty recipe to try today.
- Applesauce Cake | Here you have a rich and tasty applesauce cake. Great for a weeknight dessert or even for serving a crowd.
- Banana Cake | Another fantastic cake is this banana cake recipe. Tons of rich banana flavor, moist and decadent.
How To Store Lemon 7-up Instant Pot Cake
Once your cake has cooled down you will want to store it in an airtight container. You can store the cake on the counter at room temperature or in the fridge.
Both ways to store the cake work. If you store it in the fridge you will find it extends the life a day or two extra. Just like any cake, you will find it is best when served fresh.
Can You Freeze This Cake
For sure. If you don't want to eat all this lemon cake right away, simply allow to fully cool on a cooling rack. Then the portion you don't plan to eat, wrap in aluminum foil tightly. Now place in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Store in the freezer for up to three months. You can thaw your cake on the counter or even the fridge the night before you plan to eat.
Variations To Instant Pot Lemon Cake
- Add a lemon glaze on top of the cake. You could then sprinkle on some lemon zest for color and more lemon flavor.
- Add in some blueberries, raspberries or other fruit. Then you will have extra flavor in every single bite.
- Serve with a dollop of fresh whipped cream for added sweetness. I love making a homemade whipped cream for the cake.
- Pair with some vanilla bean ice cream for the ultimate dessert. Give this cake a try and let me know.
If you are wanting an easy instant pot cake recipe to try, I highly recommend giving this recipe a try. It is so easy, and you will love the turnout.
Get More of Our Latest Recipes
- Want to Easily Make Korean Ground Beef Recipe for the Instant Pot? Newly Obsessed!
- How to Convert from the US Measurements to the Metric System
- Why You Absolutely Need to Try This Delicious Chicken Parmesan Air Fryer Recipe
- Learn How to Easily Make This Amazing Instant Pot Steak
- Garlic Naan Recipe - How to Make Naan Bread