Sharing is caring!
Learn how to make Instant Pot Ramen Noodles! Grab your packets of ramen noodles and let's get cooking. Tender chicken, tons of ramen toppings, and loads of top ramen flavor in each bite.
This isn't your classic packet ramen you grew up eating. This is the top ramen recipe you would want to order at your favorite restuarant!
My hot ramen recipe is made in the pressure cooker to simplify dinner time.
Once you make pressure cooker ramen I don't think you will want to make it any other way.
Why You Will Love Instant Pot Ramen Noodles...
- Loaded with flavor
- Homemade broth - not packet seasoning
- Hands off cooking
- Great dinner or lunch
- Tastes like ramen takeout
- chicken tenderloin
- Ramen broth
- ramen noodles
- green onions
- vegetable oil
- bok choy
- soy sauce
- chili oil
- salt and pepper
How to Make
First start by seasoning your chicken. Next, add a little oil into the Instant Pot to sear the chicken. This will add tons of flavor to your chicken.
Add in the ingredients listed in the recipe card along with the liquid and pressure cook for 10 minutes to fully cook the chicken.
Then once the chicken is done, you will remove and shred the chicken. You can use two forks to shred or meat claws.
Next turn the saute mode on. Push your ramen into the broth that is in the pot. Cook on the saute mode until the noodles are softened. Don't overcook.
Finally, dish up the ramen, add in chicken, and your favorite ramen toppings and enjoy.
If you do not eat all of your ramen, you can take any leftovers and place in a sealed container and store in the refrigerator. It will store for 2-3 days.
Then when you want, simply warm up on the stove, in the microwave, or even in the Instant Pot. The noodles will soften a bit when you reheat them, just as a heads up.
Expert Tips and Variations To Recipe
Here are variations and helpful tips for this ramen soup recipe! Feel free to alter how you would like.
- The chicken is optional, but it does offer a lot of flavor to the ramen.
- Use a homemade seasoning blend to make the broth, and discard the packets. It will add so much depth and flavor to the top ramen.
- You can essentially top your ramen with anything you want. From soft boiled eggs to fresh sliced green onions.
- Feel free to make it on the stove in a pot if you do not own an Instant Pot.
- Ramen doesn't freeze well as the noodles will become to soft and mushy once thawed from being frozen.
Ramen is essentially a Japanese soup made with ramen noodle pasta. A savory broth, pasta, and some ramen has meat as chicken added.
Ramen can be cooked in the Instant Pot. You will see in the recipe card in this post all the steps to making ramen noodles at home in your pressure cooker.
With the chicken being cooked as well it will take 15 minutes of cook time to make delicious top ramen in your electric pressure cooker.
Not sure what to add to ramen to make it better? Add in some vegetables into the cooked dish, drizzle with Sriracha, Top with a soft boiled egg, etc. All of these items will add dimension and flavor to the ramen.
Since ramen is pasta, and contains a fair amount of sodium, it is good to eat ramen in moderation. Adding in other vegetables and such helps add fiber and nutrients to the dish.
Ramen is not gluten free. You will find the pasta is made with gluten. Now, you can look at your local store and buy a gluten free pasta that is ramen to swap out if you would like.
Depending on the brand you buy will vary if the dish is vegan. You also will have to leave some of the ingredients out of this recipe. Or swap with a vegetarian alternative to make it a vegan-friendly ramen noodle.
Interested In More Instant Pot Recipes
Supplies used to make the bes Instant Pot Ramen
- Instant Pot DUO
- Inner Cooking Pot
- Silicone Lid
- Kitchen Tongs with Silicone Tip
- Egg Steamer Rack
- Meat shredder claws
- Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
Ingredients for an easy Ramen Noodles Recipe
- 1 pound chicken tenderloin
- 6 cups Ramen broth ( 3 boxes )
- 1 box ramen noodles
- 4 eggs
- 4 green onions, diced (use the white and light green part, save the darker green for topping)
- 1 ½ tablespoon vegetable-oil
- 8 ounces bok-choy (stem removed & sliced into pieces)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Season the chicken tenderloin with ground black pepper.
- Turn the Instant Pot saute mode.
- Add the oil to the Instant Pot once it is “hot”.
- Add the chicken tenders and pan sear until both sides turn brownish.
- Add the ramen-broth, and the white-parts of the green onions.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set it to manual, high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Make soft boiled eggs in the Instant Pot or a small sauce pan. If using a pot on the stove, add cold water to fill the pan ¾ full.
- Bring the water to a boil and then add the eggs, cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove your eggs and place in an ice-water and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the eggs one by one and gently peel the shells off, keep the remaining eggs in the ice bath until peeling.
- Slice the eggs into halves. Set to the side.
- When the Instant Pot timer beeps, turn the valve carefully to Quick Release. Remove the lid.
- Scoop out the chicken and shred.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute high, allow the soup to boil, then add the chicken and ramen noodles.
- Toss the noodles and chicken with the broth to combine, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the bok-choy and soy-sauce to the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Top with ramen chopped scallions, eggs, and other toppings.
- Serve immediately.
Tips and suggestions:
- Chicken is optional.
- Create your own homemade seasoning mix and discard the packets.
- Complete your ramen with whatever you want: soft-boiled eggs, green onions, or whatever you like.
- If you don't have an instant pot, you can make this recipe on the stove with a pot.
- The ramen does not freeze well as the noodles will become too mushy and mushy once thawed.
- Can my dog have Ramen Noodles? Unfortunately, this ramen recipe too salty and spicy for your dog to enjoy. If you're feeding your dog plain ramen noodles, those are usually fine, but again, offer no nutritional value.
- Can my cat have Ramen Noodles? Avoid feeding your cat ramen noodles. They contain too much sodium and strong flavors that may not be toxic but have harmful health effects on your cat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 Quart
Instant Pot IP-Stainless Steel Inner Pot 8Qt Genuine Stainless Steel Inner Cooking Pot - 8 Quart
Instant Pot Silicone Lid, 8 quart, White
Kaluns Kitchen Tongs for Cooking, Non Stick Silicone Tip Stainless Steel Tongs, Set of Four 7,9, and 12 Inch Tong Plus Silicone Spatula Non-stick, Heat Resistant Serving Utensils
Stackable Egg Steamer Rack, BiaoGan Egg Cooking Rack with Heat Resistant Silicone Handles Compatible for Instant Pot Accessories 6,8 Quart, 14 Eggs Multipurpose Steaming Holder
KUSONKEY Meat Claws,Stainless Steel BBQ Meat Shredder,Heat Resistant Meat Shredder Claws for Shredding Handling & Carving Food from Grill Smoker or Crock Pot, for Men,Father,Husband
Latent Epicure Battery Operated Salt and Pepper Grinder Set (Pack of 2 Mills) - Complimentary Mill Rest | Bright Light | Adjustable Coarseness |
Amount Per Serving Calories 1038Total Fat 45gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 413mgSodium 2777mgCarbohydrates 81gFiber 5gSugar 6gProtein 74g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!