Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Instant Pot Pizza Dough is a quick and easy way to proof dough. You are able to speed up the process thanks to your handy Instant Pot. Rising dough in Instant Pot is a recipe that is quick and efficient.
If you love homemade pizza, you will enjoy this light and tender pizza dough recipe. Add on all your favorite pizza toppings and dive deep in homemade pizza.
Instant Pot Proof Pizza Dough – The Best Way to Make Pizza Dough at Home
Quick prep and fast rise time will allow you to have fresh pizza to serve up your family in a fraction of the time. This is why I think this is the best way to make pizza dough at home.
By using the Instant Pot to proof pizza dough you can have the dough rise in 1/2 the time. Then you lay it out on a floured surface and work the dough.
Roll out the dough get it in the pizza shape you want, whether circular or square. Then follow the baking directions below.
What If I Don’t Want To Use Instant Pot – How to Make Pizza Dough
Luckily there is more than one way to learn how to make pizza dough.
If you don’t want to place your dough in the Instant Pot you can place dough in a greased bowl that is covered.
You will want the dough to set on the counter for about an hour. It will take longer to rise but it will still work just as good.
You are looking for your dough to double in size. Once it is doubled punch it down and then roll it out on a floured surface just like you would in the pressure cooker method.
Craving More Instant Pot Recipes
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole | Here you have a chicken enchilada casserole that gives you all your favorite Tex-Mex flavor in one easy casserole recipe.
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans | Did you know that making pinto beans in your Instant Pot is crazy simple to do. Tons of flavor, tender beans and so easy.
- Cheesy Potatoes | The ultimate side dish or meatless potato recipe to try. This is so easy and loaded with flavor.
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork | Here is a fantastic pulled pork recipe that is going to win you over. Lots of flavor in every single bite.
- Stuffed Bell Peppers | If you are a fan of stuffed peppers you have to try this recipe. This recipe is loaded with Risotto, mushrooms and more.
What Is The Best Yeast To Use
You can use active dry yeast to make this pizza. You want a yeast that takes a little time to activate so you can see the dough is going to work.
As the dough activates as it is proofing you will find it doubles in size. If you have a favorite yeast you can use it if it is good for bread dough.
Can I Double This Recipe For Pizza
Sure, you absolutely can double this recipe. If you have a large family or plan to serve up a crowd go ahead and make extra.
Then cook your pizzas in turns so that you can serve up fresh and ready pizzas for your family or a crowd.
What If Yeast Doesn’t Bubble Up
If your yeast doesn’t bubble up it means that your yeast isn’t activating. This could be due to too hot of liquid, old yeast, etc.
You need to ensure the yeast bubbles up if it doesn’t your dough will not rise properly.
If you see the yeast get a little foamy after it sits for 5 minutes that means your yeast is working good and you can move on to the next steps.
How Do You Make Pizza Dough In Advance
Sure, you can make this in advance. All you have to do is take our dough once risen and rolled out. Roll into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
Then store in the fridge for up to 24 hours in advance. Then when you are ready to cook, roll out and then follow the directions as directed below.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
Dinner Tomorrow is an Instant Pot Pasta Recipe
Here are a few of our favorite Instant Pot pasta recipes to choose from.
- Instant Pot Seafood Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe
- Instant Pot Tomato Gnocchi Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Lasagna Recipe
- Instant Pot Goulash Recipe
- Instant Pot Baked Ziti Recipe
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese with Ground Beef – Homemade Hamburger Helper Recipe
- Instant Pot Thai-Inspired Peanut Noodles
- Instant Pot Baked Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe – Best Alfredo Sauce
- Instant Pot Chicken Recipes: Creamy Tomato Chicken Dinner Recipe
- Instant Pot Tomato Chicken Penne Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
- Instant Pot Orzo & Italian Sausage Easy Stuffed Peppers
Scroll past the recipe for Instant Pot Pizza Dough to see some TASTY Instant Pot Dessert recipes.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place in a large bowl the warm water, sugar, and yeast. If using active dry yeast, wait 5 minutes for it to proof. It will look foamy.
- Add in your flour, olive oil, and salt. Mix well with a sturdy wooden spoon.
- Need by hand for 6 to 7 minutes on a floured surface (such as a clean counter, or large cutting board), or you can use a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment for five minutes.
- Oil the inside of your pot of the instant pot. Make sure it is well coated on the bottom as well as the sides of the bottom half. Place your dough on the bottom of the pot. Lock lid.
- Select yogurt on your instant pot for 1 hour. After one hour, turn off your Instant pot. Remove the dough as it is ready to be rolled out, topped with your favorite pizza toppings, and enjoyed!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 532mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g