Pumpkin Puree in the Instant Pot is really rather easy. If you want to learn how to make pumpkin puree with an Instant Pot you will find multiple methods below.
Table of contents
I will share how to cook a whole pumpkin and transform it into a homemade pumpkin puree for all your baking and cooking desires.
We love anything pumpkin in our home, so I got ambitious and tried making pumpkin in my pressure cooker. I was shocked at how easy it was to make.
Now I will never say no to making my own. It is so easy to cook a whole pumpkin in your Instant Pot.
Do You Use The Pulp and Seeds In Pumpkin
You will see in the recipe card below, I give you two ways to make your puree. One way is to remove the seeds and pulp and cut the pumpkin in large pieces.
The other is to keep the pumpkin whole to put in the Instant Pot.
I didn't really notice a big difference, either way, so feel free to pick whichever you feel fits you best.
What Pumpkins Do You Use For Making Puree
You will need to buy a pie pumpkin. Most stores will carry these pumpkins in their produce section. It will say on the sign they are pumpkins for pies.
They are smaller in size and you can even cook up to two in your pressure cooker depending on the pumpkin size and what size pressure cooker you own.
Supplies for Pureeing Vegetables
- Food processor | After going through several food processors over the years, our best advice is to look at your food processor as an investment and don't get the cheapest model. You want a food processor that will get the job done and not break on you. The KitchenAid model that we have is excellent.
- Trivet | This trivet makes lifting a whole pumpkin or pumpkin pieces out of the Instant Pot so much easier.
- Glass storage containers | Store pumpkin in glass storage containers to keep pumpkin fresh and ready to use in a variety of tasty recipes.
Ways To Use Pumpkin Puree
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake | If you are a fan of cheesecake whip up this insanely delicious homemade pressure cooker pumpkin cheesecake. Loads of flavor and velvety smooth.
- Pumpkin Lasagna | Talk about one insanely decadent dessert. This is a layered pumpkin lasagna that will tickle your taste buds.
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles | Love a snickerdoodle cookie? If you said yes, try my pumpkin version. Same great flavor but with a smooth pumpkin twist.
How Long Does Pumpkin Puree Last
Since this is a homemade puree you will find the shelf life is shorter than canned. You can store your puree in the refrigerator for 2-3 days after you cook it.
I recommend storing it in an airtight container. If you allow air to get to your puree it will spoil faster, and it can take on other flavors that are in your fridge.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Want to Easily Make Korean Ground Beef Recipe for the Instant Pot? Newly Obsessed!
- How to Convert from the US Measurements to the Metric System
- Why You Absolutely Need to Try This Delicious Chicken Parmesan Air Fryer Recipe
- Learn How to Easily Make This Amazing Instant Pot Steak
- Garlic Naan Recipe - How to Make Naan Bread