Love the cozy, comforting feeling you get when you dig into a bowl of chili? Give this easy chicken chili recipe a shot!
Table of contents
Got some boneless chicken breasts that can be put to use? Give this super easy chicken chili recipe a shot! It is super easy and takes just a few minutes of prep time and then some extra time in your instant pot. It might just become your family’s next favorite meal.
Read on to discover how to make it, and have some of your pressing questions answered too!
Can I Use Another Meat?
While chili is traditionally made using ground beef or beef chuck, there are tons of other variations to it that have come up over the last few decades. This has helped people with dietary restrictions enjoy this delicious comfort food easily!
Our recipe for instance, uses chicken. You can also consider using turkey meat if you have that. If you’re a vegetarian, you might also find some good vegetarian chili recipes out there that you could try experimenting with.
What Other Toppings Can I Use?
Based on your personal preference, there are tons of different toppings you could add to your chili.
If you’re looking for a boost of flavor, adding in spices like cumin, cayenne peppers and smoky paprika could be a good idea. For a subtle flavor boost, you can also try adding some anchovies into the mix.
If you’re a spice lover, anaheim peppers and chipotle peppers could be good additions. For a bit of edginess, you can also add in some vinegar. And of course, some fresh herbs like parsley and cilantro can always work wonders.
How Do I Thicken my Chicken Chili in the Instant Pot?
When making soups and stews in your instant pot, things can get a tad bit tricky at times, and the mixture might become a bit runny. If that’s the issue you’re facing, and you’re wondering how you can thicken the chili in your instant pot, here’s a bit of help.
After your chili’s all done, remove the lid, set the instant pot to saute, and simply allow it to simmer for 20 minutes or so.
If you’re running out of time and don’t want to spend 20 minutes getting the chili to thicken, you can also consider adding a simple cornstarch slurry into the mix and cooking it for a few minutes until the mixture thickens.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Whipping up this chili for some guests coming over? Need some serving suggestions? Here are some good accompaniments you can team the chili up with!
- Skillet nachos
- A simple corn salad
- Chicken or vegetable quesadillas
- Baked cheesy sweet potatoes
- Simple Spanish rice
- Sweet potato fries
- Stuffed bell peppers
More Instant Pot Soup and Chili Recipes
- How to Make Instant Pot Ramen Noodles as Good as Your Favorite Ramen Restaurant
- Ham Potato Soup - Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chili with Dry Beans
- How to Cook Lentils in Instant Pot Soup. Why You'll Absolutely Love Them!
- Instant Pot Taco Soup: The Best Chicken Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Split Pea Soup
- Instant Pot Soup Recipes- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Asparagus Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipes (and Soup and Chili Recipes) You Have to Try
- Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe in Instant Pot
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Functions
- Air Fryer Egg Salad
- How to Make Brown Basmati Rice in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli Recipe
- Instant Pot Homemade Dog Food
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- What is Half Of 3/4 Cup | Simple Steps to Halve Any Ingredient
- Instant Pot Duo Plus Pressure Cooker Review and Accessories
- Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts Recipe. Easy to Make, Delightful, and Delicious to Eat!
- Instant Pot Sushi Rice. Learn How to Make It & 6 Reasons You Need This Fantastic Recipe.
- How to Dress Up Pork and Beans. Try This Delicious Instant Pot Baked Beans Recipe.
- How to Make Incredibly Easy and Authentic Starbucks Chocolate Cake Pops Recipe
- Best Air Fryer Taquitos. How to Make or How Long to Cook Frozen Taquitos.
- Instant Pot Ultra Electric Pressure Cooker Review
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp Chicken Wings. 5 Reasons to Absolutely Adore This Cooking Method.