Are you on the hunt for a fun and festive Christmas treat for kids? Learn how to make cake pops in the Instant pot! A Christmas cake pops that is such a fun one for kids of all ages.
These are easy Christmas treat that are fun. Grab a cake pop stand and place your cake pops on it, and serve up a fun dessert. A green chocolate covered chocolate cake ball, with the famous red heart sprinkle.
Make some Unicorn Popcorn for another fun treat!
How to Make Cake Pops
Cake pops are so easy to make! You will use your Instant Pot to cook the cake. I used a chocolate cake mix from a box. Whipped it up as directed, poured into the pan, covered, and cooked on high pressure as directed.
Remove and place the cake to cool on a cooling rack. Then when the cake is cooled mix crumbled cake with the frosting.
Melt up your green chocolate, and stick your cake balls you rolled on a stick and dip in the green chocolate. Place a red heart sprinkle to mimic the Grinch.
Allow the cake pops to harden up and then serve!
Could I Use A Different Cake Mix
Of course. If you are not a fan of chocolate or have a preferred cake you want, go right ahead. You will cook it the same if it is a boxed cake mix.
Or if you have cake you cooked in the oven, you can still crumble and mix with frosting just as you would this. I just used the Instant Pot for an easy baking.
Supplies Used for Making These Cake Truffles
- 6x3 Fat Daddio's springform pan | This cake pan is versatile and can also be used to make cheesecakes.
- Round parchment paper | Use these pre-cut parchment paper rounds to prevent cake (or cheesecake) from sticking to the bottom of a pan.
- Glass mixing bowls | This set of 3 nesting mixing bowls is microwave safe so you can melt the chocolate for this recipe easily.
- Parchment paper rectangles | We like to use pre-cut parchment paper for cookie trays. For this recipe we use the parchment paper two times. Once to set the cake balls on before doing a quick freeze, and then a second time after dipping in chocolate.
Variations To Christmas Cake Pops
- Use any flavor of boxed cake mix as you would like.
- I used cream cheese frosting but swap with whatever you prefer.
- Use whatever color of chocolate you want for dipping.
- Consider adding sprinkles, drizzle more chocolate, or even crushed peppermint on top of the wet chocolate.
You can make so many different cake pops that will win over your family and friends. This is a great recipe that is versatile. You could make these for any occasion that comes across your path.
Want More Pressure Cooker Desserts
Storing Cake Pops
I find that you can store your cake pops in the fridge for the maximum shelf life. Since I used a cream cheese frosting I find that it needs to be stored in the fridge. It will help keep your cake pops fresher the longest.
If you don't plan to eat them all right away, freeze them! These Instant Pot dessert bites will store in the freezer for 2-3 months easily. Just toss in the proper container and freeze. You can do the same thing with our Nutella Bites and Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Bites.
Also, don't stop here, if you are looking for more Christmas recipes, here are more to consider.
- Christmas Cheesecake | The Instant Pot is an incredible way to make a cheesecake. Here you have easy steps, for the ultimate velvety smooth Christmas cheesecake.
- Gingerbread Cake | If you are a fan of warm spices of gingerbread, this cake is right up your alley.