Learn how to make almond milk yogurt in the Instant Pot! If you are wanting to make yogurt with almond milk, this recipe is awesome! A dairy-free yogurt that is creamy, and perfect for breakfast, a snack, and great for meal prepping.
4 ingredients are all you need to make a homemade almond milk yogurt for your family. Instant Pot yogurt is simple to make, affordable, and thick, and creamy.
Almond Milk Yogurt
Almond milk yogurt is so simple to make in your pressure cooker. I have found making it this way allows me to meal prep and save money while I am at it. The whole family loves this yogurt so we go through it a lot.
What Do You Need For Making Homemade Yogurt
- Almond Milk |Feel free to reach for your favorite brand, or even use homemade almond milk you have made.
- Plain Yogurt | You need to buy active live cultures. Without the live cultures, it is required or your yogurt won't work right without it.
- Gelatin | Reach for plain gelatin. This is going to help give your almond milk yogurt the right texture.
- Arrowroot Flour | I was able to get this at my local grocery store. But if you can't find it you can order it online at Amazon. You need this as a thickening agent as well as gelatin. Almond milk yogurt will never get as thick as classic dairy without other ingredients added in.
Topping Ideas For Almond Milk Yogurt
- Drizzle with honey
- Fresh Fruit
- Chocolate chips
- shredded coconut
There are so many ways to dress up your yogurt. Have fun and try all different toppings to dress up your mornings!
HOMEMADE YOGURT MAKING EQUIPMENT
- Cheesecloth | This is a must for making smooth yogurt and getting rid of excess liquid. To make the absolute perfect yogurt, you'll want to have cheesecloth on hand.
- Instant Pot (any model except the Lux) | Now, you actually can use the Instant Pot Lux to make Instant Pot yogurt, but it doesn't have a yogurt setting, so you'll need to improvise. It's much easier to make yogurt with the yogurt setting.
- Digital thermometer | You'll need a thermometer to make sure the temperature is exact when making yogurt. It's a pretty technical thing, so you want to be careful to make sure you have a good measurement.
- Small jars | Use these jars to store your yogurt and have them ready to go in serving-size portions. These are great for packing in a school or work lunch too.
Best Way To Store Yogurt
You can buy single-serve containers to store your yogurt in, like these small jars. Or you can use one large container that is airtight. I prefer to do jars so we can grab and eat a single-serve.
It allows us to grab and go, for you to enjoy.
How to Thicken Yogurt
Yogurt is something you either prefer extra thick, or thinner. If you are looking to have a thicker style of yogurt, you will just adjust the time from 12 hours up to 16 hours. The longer it is in the Instant Pot the thicker it will become.
What If My Almond Milk Yogurt Is Not Creamy
Sometimes you will find a non-dairy yogurt can separate a bit when stored in the fridge. All you need to do is mix it up with a spoon or a whisk to help get it incorporated together with the way you want.
More Recipes To Try Out
Tuesday 20th of April 2021
Is there a substitute that can be used for gelatin?
Tuesday 19th of October 2021
@Kate Sharaf, think you can use agar agar powder.. Google says 1:1.