Have you tried to make hot chocolate bombs yet? If you haven't, you've still probably heard about them and how popular they've become. And, the great news is that you don't have to have any special mold to make the cocoa bombs with.
Take your pick. They all work pretty much the same.
Best Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Glass bowl - Use this to melt the chocolate in. You can use your Instant Pot as a double boiler, or melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Disposable piping bag - Decorate the chocolate bombs with drizzles of chocolate. You can also pipe melted chocolate along the edge of the chocolate half before sealing it together with the other half.
- Cookie sheet - Let the finished hot cocoa bombs solidify before storing.
- Silicone sphere molds - You can use these sphere molds, egg bite molds, and a few other types of small spherical molds to make your hot cocoa bombs.
Hot chocolate bombs are hollow chocolate balls that have the chocolate powder in them as well as other ingredients, depending on the type of chocolate bomb.
They might have mini-marshmallows or dehydrated marshmallows. They also might have bits of candy, chocolate chips, and even liquor.
Cocoa bombs are made by first melting chocolate and coating a spherical mold with the melted chocolate.
Then, the half-sphere is removed from the mold and filled with chocolate powder and other ingredients and the other half-sphere is sealed to it.
No, hot chocolate bombs do not need to be refrigerated. They can be stored at room temperature for about 2 months.
Add 1-2 hot cocoa bombs to a mug of hot water or milk. Stir it into the hot drink and watch it melt and do its magic!
Other Chocolate Recipes
- Instant Pot Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe - This is an easy decadent chocolate bundt cake that is made from scratch. Perfect for a weeknight dessert.
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe - Serve up a special dessert with this chocolate cheesecake. For added flair, top it with raspberries and shaved chocolate.
- Instant Pot Flourless Chocolate Cake - Flourless chocolate cake is a lovely dessert that is rich and indulgent. This is a perfect dessert for a special occasion, or to share for Valentine's dessert.
- Chocolate Strawberry Cake - Dump cake is a simple dessert with just a few ingredients. We used a cake mix and a can of strawberry pie filling to make this sweet dessert.
- Double Chocolate Quick Oats - Whip up a chocolatey morning meal with chocolate oatmeal! Top this sweet dish with strawberries or bananas.
- Chocolate Chip Magic Bars - A childhood favorite, these sweet cookie bars will likely be grabbed up as soon as you set them out.
- No-Bake Chocolate Cookies - Skip the baking and indulge in these super tasty no-bake cookies. Chocolate and oatmeal!