Kids mac n cheese recipes are par for the course when looking for kid-friendly meal and appetizer ideas. These Airfryer Mac and Cheese Bites are virtually pasta balls, bite-sized finger food perfect for picking up without utensils. That in itself makes it kid-friendly at its core.
Table of contents
This airfryer mini mac and cheese bites recipe is easy to make and even easier to eat. You can even use some of our leftover Spicy Chicken Mac n Cheese to make these cheese bites more fun. But, you might want to keep the spicy cheese bites separate for the adults.
Mac and Cheese Bites Dipping Sauce Ideas
- Marina sauce
- Buffalo hot sauce
- Barbecue sauce
What Kind of Air Fryer Should I Buy?
When To Serve Cheese Bites Snacks
- Mac and cheese bites make great Halloween party appetizers for adults or kids, or really for any party.
- Any buffet of heavy appetizers for cocktail party or other events.
- Make mini mac and cheese appetizer Thanksgiving starters. This is great for snacking before the main meal. Our air fryer turkey and stuffed pork chops are also good alternative Thanksgiving recipes.
- Pair with keto friendly appetizers for a more balanced selection of passed appetizers. Yum!
Do Air Fryers Cause Cancer?
According to Healthline, fried food can be linked to some forms of cancer. But,
Air-frying your food instead of using a deep fryer may help lower the acrylamide content of your fried foods.
Which means, while there can still be acrylamide content in your air fried food, it would be less than the content in traditionally fried food.
What Size Air Fryer Do I Need?
There are many air fryer sizes available, and you should consider the size needed before you make that purchase. So, instead of wondering what size air fryer for family of 4, check out our suggestions below:
|Air Fryer Size||Household Size|
|2 quart air fryer||1-2|
|2-3 quart air fryer||1-2|
|4-6 quart air fryer||3-4|
|6-10 quart air fryer||5+ or people who entertain|
Our fried mac and cheese bites air fryer recipe is a fun and tasty appetizer recipe that is always well received. It is an appetizer recipe that also serves as a conversation starter.
How to Make Air Fryer Mac and Cheese Bites
- Start with cold macaroni and a cookie dough scoop. Use the cookie dough scoop to form balls. Roll in your hands to make sure the balls are packed and uniform.
- Dip the balls in the egg and coat completely.
- Next, roll the ball in the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with remaining mac balls.
- Preheat the air fryer if required by your air fryer model, and then load these easy appetizers into the air fryer and cook them up.
- Serve with a sauce if desired and enjoy!