Sharing is caring!
This amazing recipe for Instant Pot Heirloom Potato Salad is perfectly easy and delicious and just may become your go-to dish to bring along as your food offering. This traditional Hellman's Potato Salad recipe uses the classic mayo to make the perfect dressing.
This time of year, social calendars are filled with potlucks, picnics, and many other occasions where friends and family gather to have fun and eat awesome picnic-style food while enjoying the longer days and warmer weather.
Table of contents
Why You Will Love Instant Pot Heirloom Potato Salad
It's so easy! Let's be honest, everyone wants to be out playing this time of year, not cooking.
The use of the Instant Pot for this Instant Pot Heirloom Potato Salad speeds up the usual potato salad making process by quite a bit.
Add your potatoes and eggs in the shell to the Instant Pot and be amazed when both are done in just 10 minutes. And with a little chopping, measuring and mixing it is ready to enjoy!
Heirloom potatoes are so pretty and interesting. Did you know that heirloom means these potatoes are grown from seeds passed down from generation to generation?
Pretty amazing, right? What's even more awesome is that these seeds are pollinated naturally by insects or wind. Cooking and eating them almost makes you feel like a pioneer.
Oh, and of course, they taste delicious and often boast beautiful and varied coloring.
Potato salad is perfect for summer. Tasty and traditional potato salad with mayo, mustard and pickles is a quintessential summertime staple. Which means this Instant Pot Heirloom Potato Salad recipe is sure to please any crowd!
Other Amazing Side Dishes Like Instant Pot Heirloom Potato Salad
Looking for more amazing side dish recipes to make this summer? Then you've got to check out these great recipes:
Delicious BLT Pasta Salad is amazing! Everyone loves BLTs. Just imagine it with pasta instead of bread. Yum!
Or, how about bringing a sweet treat to your next event? This Orange Fluff Salad is cool, delicious and packed with bright and sunny orange flavor.
How To Make Instant Pot Heirloom Potato Salad
Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot inner pot.
Place potatoes and eggs in a steamer basket or on top of trivet inside the Instant Pot, making sure they stay out of the water. Then close the lid and turn the valve to sealing position.
Set to a manual high pressure time of 5 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, perform a natural pressure release.
Next, remove the eggs and potatoes from the Instant Pot. Put eggs in a bowl with cold water and ice to stop the cooking process and then remove the shells. Refrigerate eggs and potatoes until cool.
Chop up the eggs and pickles, and then add to a bowl along with the potatoes.
Mix mayo, mustard, and seasonings in a small bowl and then add them to the potatoes.
Stir all ingredients together and either refrigerate for a couple hours, or serve immediately.
Try Potato Salad with These Recipes:
Supplies for the Best Potato Salad
- Instant Pot Duo
- Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
- Simply Gourmet Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Modern Silicone Spoon Rest
- Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids
Ingredients Used to Make Instant Pot Potato Salad
- 2 1/2 pounds Organic Heirloom Gold Potatoes, washed and sliced in half
- 3 Pasture Raised Eggs
- 1-2 Pickles
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon French's Classic Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Garlic Ground Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Table Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Regular Salt or Sea Salt
- 1 cup water
- Add 1 cup water to the Instant Pot inner pot.
- Add potatoes and eggs to a steamer basket or on top of trivet but out of the water, in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to sealing position.
- Set to a manual high time for 5 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes.
- Remove the eggs and potatoes from the Instant Pot. Put eggs in a bowl with cold water and ice to stop the cooking process and then remove the shells.
- Refrigerate eggs and potatoes until cool.
- Chop up the eggs and pickles. Add to a bowl with the potatoes.
- Mix mayo, mustard, and seasonings in a small bowl and then add them to the potatoes.
- Stir all ingredients together and then refrigerate for a couple hours or serve immediately.
Variations to Recipe Name:
- Classic Potato Salad
- Pressure Cooker Potato Salad
- Heirloom Potato Salad
- Creamy Potato Salad
- Homemade Potato Salad
- Add extra Hellman´s mayo for a very creamy taste.
- Change the classic mustard for Dijon Mustard and the regular salt for Himalayan Pink Salt to create a more gourmet recipe.
- Let your Potato Salad settle for one night before serving, this will give your salad a better flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Simply Gourmet Measuring Cups and Spoons Set of 12 Stainless Steel for Cooking & Baking
Modern Silicone Spoon Rests (Set of 3) | Kitchen Utensil Holders | Quality Material | BPA Free | Counter Spatula Holder | Stovetop Spoon Rest
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 Piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls by Umite Chef, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
Latent Epicure Battery Operated Salt and Pepper Grinder Set (Pack of 2 Mills) - Complimentary Mill Rest | Bright Light | Adjustable Coarseness |
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 Quart
Amount Per Serving Calories 257Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 96mgSodium 305mgCarbohydrates 41gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 4gSugar 3gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 8g
Check Out Our Latest Posts
- How Many Ounces Are in a Barrel of Beer?
- Is Oatmeal Good for Upset Stomach? Uncovering Soothing Foods for Digestive Woes
- Crockpot Guinness Beer Pot Roast
- 15 Bean Soup Crockpot Recipe
- Can You Put Frozen Ground Turkey in Crock Pot: Safe Cooking Tips Revealed
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!