Wondering how to make pizza rolls in air fryer? Here's your quick guide to make it happen, and some cool food ideas to team them up with!
I don’t know about you, but I’m a big fan of frozen foods, and love how convenient they can be when it comes to whipping up a quick snack or building a meal around.
Table of contents
Frozen pizza rolls have recently become my favorite, but sometimes, I do feel a pang of guilt, since they’re not really healthy.
And that’s exactly when I thought of turning things around, and making the pizza rolls in air fryer. Not only did they come out super crispy and crunchy, but they were also healthier than any takeaway, or their own deep fried versions.
Before you go ahead and try making them yourself, here’s a quick guide to help you out.
Why Use an Air Fryer?
So why would you want to make your pizza rolls in your air fryer? Sure, you can always choose to bake them in your oven to make them healthier, but even when they are baked at a high temperature and carefully turned halfway through, they often still come out soggy and unevenly baked.
In contrast, when you air fry them, they’ll always come out perfectly crispy and with that little crunch to them- just the way you like it.
Tips to Make the Pizza Rolls in Air Fryer
While air frying the pizza rolls is not rocket science, knowing these little tips and tricks can really help make a difference and ensure they are cooked all the way through, and have that perfect crispy exterior.
- When placing them in the air fryer basket, keep a little space between each of them to ensure that the hot air circulates well within the basket and the rolls are cooked nicely.
- Be super careful when you take the pizza rolls out of the air fryer basket. They’ll be super hot. Allow them to cool down for a couple of minutes before you serve.
- To make sure the pizza rolls don’t stick to the bottom of the air fryer basket, coat them with a bit of oil or spray with non stick cooking spray.
- If you like your pizza rolls to burst open in the air fryer, take a minute of extra cooking time. This will actually also make them super crispy.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
What I love about frozen pizza rolls is the fact that they can be modified or teamed up with so many different foods. Here are a few exciting and delicious ideas to get you started.
- Serve them with a few dips and sauces- marinara sauce is my personal all-time favourite.
- You can also serve them alongside some chicken parmesan (click here to check out an air fryer version).
- They also taste insanely delicious when paired with chicken wings or parmesan fries.
- You can also spread them on a sheet pan, top with grated cheese, marinara sauce, sliced jalapenos and olives and bake them for a few minutes to let the cheese melt.