Looking for a healthy version of your favorite snack? Here's how to make chicken nuggets in air fryer and enjoy them guilt free!
I’ll have to admit, I’m one of those people who jumped way too late on the air frying bandwagon. But once I did, there was no turning back! I was able to enjoy my favorite foods, guilt free.
And if you, like me, enjoy the crunchiness and juiciness of the holy chicken nugget, you’re gonna love making the chicken nuggets in air fryer.
Table of contents
Making the Chicken Nuggets in Air Fryer
They’ll be healthier than your regular, deep fried version obviously, but what’s best is the fact that they take literally a few minutes to whip up, and can be an easy lunch hack for when you don’t want to order takeout.
Read on to discover how to make it, and some super delicious serving ideas to get you started.
Can I Make the Nuggets From Scratch?
Of course. The beauty of frozen nuggets is that they can be really convenient when you’re short of time, but if you like making foods from scratch and want to use homemade nuggets instead, you could totally do that too.
Just remember that you’ll need to freeze them before you use them for the recipe.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Nuggets!
Ready to make those nuggets? Wait! Here’s what you need to know before you do to make sure they end up perfectly crispy and crunchy as you want them to be.
- Lightly grease the base of the air fryer basket with some oil or spray with a non-stick cooking spray. This will help keep the chicken nuggets from sticking to the basket.
- Do not overcrowd the basket. Maintain a little space between each chicken nugget to ensure that they cook well from all sides. Air fry them in batches if you’re making a larger quantity.
- Dump the leftovers in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag and pop them in the refrigerator. They can stay fresh there for up to 3 days. All you need to do is air fry them once again when you want to have them, and that’s it.
- Air fried chicken nuggets can also be frozen. Store them in Ziploc bags and air fry them again to make them crispy.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Chicken nuggets are literally one of the most versatile foods on the planet- you can have them for lunch or as a snack. Here are a few ideas to help you team them up with other foods and make the most of them.
- To enjoy them as a meal, you can sneak them into a homemade sandwich and layer them between breads, add in some coleslaw and some fresh sliced veggies (tomatoes and cucumber) and some cheese.
- If you’re planning to have them as a snack, you can get out some sauces and dips and enjoy them with the nuggets. Ranch, mustard, hot sauce, barbeque sauce, yogurt-mint dip, jalapeno cheese dip and marinara sauce are some good options.
Loved making chicken nuggets in air fryer? Looking for some more fun air fryer recipes to try out? Here are a few recipes to try your hands at!
- How to Make Pizza Rolls in Air Fryer
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes and Twice Baked Potatoes Air Fryer
- How to Make Fried Oreos with an Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid