Did you know making Air Fryer (or Instant Pot) egg salad is incredibly easy. Serve up this flavorful classic egg salad sandwich for lunch, dinner, or a picnic in the park.
This egg salad sandwich recipe is one I have made for years. I simply adjusted it to the Instant Pot, as it makes cooking eggs a breeze.
Table of contents
This is an easy egg salad recipe that you will want to print off and keep on hand.
My husband and daughter love this as a light lunch sitting outside soaking up the sun in the warmer months of the year.
Why You Will Love This Egg Salad Sandwich...
- The Instant Pot cooks all the eggs at once, without having to peel tons of eggs.
- Make as much or as little as you would like.
- A creamy egg salad recipe that is crave-worthy.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make egg salad sandwiches are in the printable recipe card below.
If you don't eat all your salad right away, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge. The egg salad will store for 2-3 days.
Just grab and pile on a sandwich, bagel, serve with crackers, etc.
Tips and Variations To Recipe
- Feel free to make as much or as little of this recipe as you would like. Just adjust the recipe as it is fit.
- How to make egg salad without mayo? Swap with sour cream or plain yogurt. I prefer plain yogurt as a swap.
- You can use sweet pickle relish, plain pickles, or leave the pickles out of the recipe if you would like.
- I find having celery in egg salad adds a nice crisp crunch and flavor to the egg salad.
Ways to Serve Up Egg Salad
- Bread, Croissants, Toast, etc.
- Lettuce Wrap.
- Serve with crackers.
- Dip in crisp veggies like peppers, cucumbers, etc.
- Eat alone without a pairing of bread.
- Remove pit and place egg salad in an avocado - makes for a great healthy egg salad recipe.
Egg salad could be frozen if you chose. The downfall is the texture will be very grainy once thawed. So, it is not recommended to freeze egg salad.
A simple side like chips, fresh veggies, cucumber, and onions, etc. all are great options. Essentially you could serve almost anything with egg salad!
Most egg salads are keto, but you have to pay attention to the ingredients in the recipe. But overall, you will find egg salad can be a great keto lunch or snack option.
2-3 days is all you would want to keep the salad. Even after the first day, you will find it begins to break down a lot. I recommend eating day one, for the best flavor and texture.