Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. I might receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Versatile, easy and super delicious- that’s what this easy shrimp scampi is all about! Best of all, you can make it super quickly in your Instant Pot.
Whether you’re looking for a recipe to utilize that frozen shrimp or are just confused about what to whip up for a quick dinner, this recipe ticks all the boxes! Best of all, you’ll need just a handful of simple ingredients to make it.
Ready to get started? Here’s what you need to know beforehand, and some tips and tricks to help you make the best of it.
How Can I Make My Easy Shrimp Scampi More Healthy?
This Instant Pot shrimp scampi recipe is an easy one- you’ll need just some simple ingredients, but if you’re looking for a way to make it more healthy, you can do that easily by throwing in some veggies and other healthy ingredients.
Green beans, carrots, asparagus, bell peppers and zucchini all taste great when added to it.
If you’re looking to make it even healthier, you can consider steaming or grilling your shrimp and skipping the butter in the recipe.
And of course, you can switch to a whole grain pasta instead of your regular pasta. And if you’re looking to take it up a notch, you can also replace the pasta with zucchini spirals!
I Don’t Have Fettuccine. Can I Use Another Pasta Instead?
Of course you can! While fettuccine is the ideal choice for shrimp scampi, you can still opt for another kind of pasta instead- penne, elbow pasta or even spaghetti.
You can also try this Seafood Pasta recipe. It’s also delicious!
How Can I Thicken the Sauce?
If your pasta sauce has ended up all runny and watery, worry not! There’s an easy way to make your shrimp scampi sauce thicker and more concentrated in flavor.
Just add a small spoonful of flour or corn flour into the mix before you add in the broth, and let it saute for an extra minute.
Once you add in the broth, keep stirring continuously and the sauce will thicken.
Another excellent tip is to add in some Dijon mustard into the mix- it will not just thicken your sauce but also lend it a deliciously dreamy and tangy flavor.
Cool Side Ideas
Loved how the shrimp scampi turned out? Thinking of making it for your special someone or serving it as a dinner for your guests coming home?
You might be hunting for some side dish ideas to team up with it, so here are a few to get you started.
- Garlic bread
- Grilled corn based salad
- Mashed garlic potatoes
- Quinoa salad
- Stir fried beans in a spicy sauce
- Sprightly biscuits
- Roasted sweet potatoes with sriracha
- Sesame and garlic roasted asparagus
- A light coleslaw
- Roasted carrot sticks
- Chilled cucumber and onion salad
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound frozen, peeled shrimp, deveined
- 12 ounces fettuccine noodles, broken in half
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 whole fresh lemon, squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 pinch sea salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- Turn your Instant Pot on sauté mode. Once it is hot, add to your pot the butter, olive oil, garlic, and white onion. Stir occasionally until your butter has melted, and your onion has softened. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Add to your pot your frozen shrimp. Stir well allowing the shrimp to cook, as well as taking the flavors of the other ingredients in the pot.
- Once your shrimp has cooked, remove the shrimp from the bowl. Set aside.
- Add to the pot your chicken stock, water, juice from the lemon, and noodles. Mix well to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- Place the Instant Pot lid on and close the seal. Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Once your Instant Pot is done, manually release by using a towel or hot pad to open the seal. You do this by bringing the valve toward you.
- Once the steam has completely released, open your Instant Pot. Add in your shrimp to the pot and noodles. Mix well.
- You can enjoy this dish as is, or you can top with more lemon juice, fresh parsley, salt or pepper to taste, and/or parmesan cheese! Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 260mgSodium: 1402mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 35g