Looking for a simple no fail Instant Pot vegetable curry recipe? This is the one to stick to! Go give it a try for dinner tonight.
Perfect for when you want to whip up a quick dinner for the entire family, and still have everyone licking their taste buds, this vegetable curry might just become your next favorite. Serve it up with our Instant Pot rice.
Best of all, even if you don’t have all the veggies, you can still play around and experiment and make it a lip-smacking success.
Ready to try it out yourself? Give this a quick read before you do!
Table of contents
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It'll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
How Do I Thicken My Instant Pot Vegetable Curry Recipe?
Did you end up adding a bit too much stock into the curry than needed? Wondering how to fix it and get the right consistency for your curry? Well, there’s actually an easy way out.
Create a simple slurry using some cornstarch and water, and add it slowly into the curry towards the end, while keeping the saute mode on your instant pot on.
Keep stirring the curry constantly until it comes up to a boil and the curry starts to thicken. Another way to thicken your curry is to add in a bit of coconut milk as well- it will lend your curry a nice creamy consistency and flavor too.
How Do I Check if the Veggies are Cooked?
One of the most important things to remember when you’re cooking curry is that you need to ensure all the veggies are cooked to perfection.
But how do you check that? Well, all it takes is a little poke with a fork. If the fork manages to glide into the veggie without effort, it means it is all done.
Instant Pot Supplies We Love
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Instant Pot Asian-Inspired Recipes
- Chicken with Garlic Sauce Chinese Takeout Recipe
- Copycat PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps Recipe in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Brown Rice
- Instant Pot Thai Chicken Wraps
- Asian Sticky Ribs Instant Pot Recipe - Tender Baby Back Ribs
- Instant Pot Copycat Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken
- Panda Express Fried Rice - Instant Pot Copycat Recipe
- Instant Pot Asian Meatballs with Pot-in-Pot White Rice
Which Other Veggies Can I Add?
When it comes to making a curry, the possibilities are quite literally endless. It doesn’t matter what veggie you have lying in the refrigerator- you’re most certainly going to be able to add it into your curry.
Some good veggies you could consider are broccoli, zucchini, sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, okra, cauliflower, mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, spinach, green beans, eggplant, asparagus, baby corn etc.
If you’re looking to make your curry protein rich you could also add in some chickpeas or other lentils. Or even better- some tofu!
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
So now that you’ve finalized on the curry, it is time to look at some serving suggestions and ideas for you to try out.
The best accompaniments to go along with this flavorful curry are obviously- some plain steamed rice or some bread to mop up the gravy!
Apart from that, there’s a lot more you could try out. Here are some ideas worth considering.
- Indian flatbread (chapati)
- Cucumber and yogurt salad
- Rice pilaf
More Great Instant Pot Recipes
- How to Convert from the US Measurements to the Metric System
- Why You Absolutely Need to Try This Delicious Chicken Parmesan Air Fryer Recipe
- Learn How to Easily Make This Amazing Instant Pot Steak
- Garlic Naan Recipe - How to Make Naan Bread
- The Best Instant Pot Cookbooks to Get Your Hands On
- Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice and Beans
- Ham Potato Soup - Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Air Fryer Frozen Food Cooking Times
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
- How To Make Instant Pot Homemade Dog Food
- Steel Cut Oatmeal Recipe for the Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, or Other Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot vs Crock Pot: Which One's Better?
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries with Poutine Gravy