Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Perfect for all the pasta lovers out there, here’s a super easy instant pot spaghetti recipe that takes just a few minutes to prepare!
On the hunt for a super easy and quick no fuss dinner option?
We have you covered. Here’s an easy spaghetti recipe that hardly takes any prep time, and just a few minutes in your Instant Pot.
Plus, it is packed full of flavors and has tons of variations you can try out. Ready to give it a try?
Here’s what you need to know beforehand, and some quick tips to help you get started, before you move on to the ingredients list and the directions.
Favorite Instant Pot Cooking Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I’m not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
How Do I Cook Pasta in My Instant Pot?
For beginners, cooking pasta in the Instant Pot might seem confusing, mainly because you’re not sure if you’ll get the texture right.
True, a lot of times, if you aren’t careful, you might end up overcooking or undercooking your pasta, but in general, if you follow the instructions, you should be pretty much fine.
Just use the right measurements for water and pasta, and cook it until the time advised- ideally, pressure cooking on high can cut down your cook time significantly.
Once that’s done, leave the pasta on for natural pressure release for 5 minutes and then release the remaining pressure manually.
Can I Use a Different Sauce for the Spaghetti?
This recipe calls for the use of ground beef and marinara sauce- a classic combination you can’t go wrong with, topped with a generous helping of Parmesan cheese.
If you’ve run out of marinara sauce or just want to try out a different variation, you could do that too.
Pesto sauce works amazingly well with spaghetti, and so does a basic sauce base with some alfredo sauce.
And then of course, you could swap the ground beef with some veggies like carrots, bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli and then top it with some fresh (or dried herbs) of your choice.
Can I Make Marinara Sauce Myself?
While our recipe calls for the use of ready to use marinara sauce or any other tomato based sauce for that matter, you can definitely try and make the sauce from scratch too- especially if you’re planning to practice healthy and clean eating.
It might take a few extra minutes, but of course, it does translate into a more healthier meal.
You’ll find several variations of this sauce, but the most basic version needs you saute some chopped garlic and onions in a bit of oil, and then add in some freshly blended tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, oregano and a bit of vinegar.
You can let this concoction simmer for around 20 minutes, and that’s it- your basic marinara sauce is all done.
Don’t Forget an Instant Pot Dessert
- Instant Pot Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot 2-Ingredient 7-Up Lemon Cake
- Chocolate Strawberry Cake – Instant Pot Desserts Recipe
- Instant Pot Cake Recipe – Applesauce Cake
- Instant Pot Banana Cake — Easy Instant Pot Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Pound Cake Recipe
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara or tomato-based pasta sauce
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti, broken in half
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté mode. Once it gets hot, add in the oil, meat, and seasonings.
- Brown the meat and break up into smaller pieces. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the sauté mode and add ½ cup of water. With your utensil, scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot to make sure any remaining residuals of the meat is off.
- Add in the sauce. Stir well to combine every element.
- Take your noodles that you have broken in half and spread them in an even layer on top of the meat mixture. Do not stir.
- Add in the remaining 1 1/2 cups of water. (One way to make sure you get every morsel of your pasta sauce is to pour the water in the jar, close the lid, and shake well. This way you get every oz of sauce!) Do not stir.
- Close the Instant Pot by twisting the lid on and close the seal.
- Cook on High Pressure for 8 minutes. It should take about 10 minutes to build pressure.
- Once it is done cooking, quick release by opening the valve (make sure to use a hot pad or towel to protect yourself from the hot steam).
- Stir everything well and serve! You can top with fresh parsley, grated Parmesan cheese, or both! Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 671mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g
More Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
- Spanish Rice: Instant Pot Rice Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Vegetable Curry Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Enchiladas
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
- Instant Pot Vegetable Rice Pilaf Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Salmon Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Mexican Casserole Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Corn Dog Bites Recipe
- Instant Pot Seafood Pasta Recipe
- Copycat PF Chang’s Instant Pot Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe
- Spicy Instant Pot Lo Mein Recipe
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe