Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Craving for something spicy and tangy? Here’s a super delicious Mexican casserole recipe that ticks all those boxes.
Got a pack of tortillas? Want to whip up a simple yet filling Mexican meal for yourself and the family?
Here’s a super delicious recipe that has all of that, and takes just a few minutes of prep and cooking time.
Ready to go ahead and give it a try?
Read on to discover some important tips and tricks you might want to know beforehand, serving suggestions and accompaniments and the simplest ingredients and direction list to get started.
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It'll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
Will I Need to Use a Casserole Dish?
Our recipe doesn’t even need you to use a specific casserole dish- you can whip up this pretty quickly in your instant pot itself.
However, if you must, you can make use of pretty much any oven safe casserole dish and that should be easy to use in your instant pot. Just make sure to add water to the bottom of the inner pot if doing the pot-in-pot method.
Can I Make My Mexican Casserole recipe More Spicy?
If you’re a fan of spicy food, and want to make this one a bit on the hotter side, you could do that too.
You could add in some jalapenos into the mix while cooking, or any other hot pepper of your choice.
Another excellent idea is to add some cayenne pepper into it while you’re cooking.
I Don’t Have Tortillas. Can I Still Make it?
Loved the recipe but don't have tortillas? You can still give this a try and it’ll turn out just as delicious.
Just add in some beans and rice, and it’ll turn into a flavorful and filling rice dish with Mexican flavors, and you’ll find yourself making it again and again.
Just remember that when you’re opting for rice, you’ll need to be careful about the quantity of water you’ll be adding, or else the rice will end up all mushy!
There’s literally so much you can do with Mexican food, the possibilities are endless. You can try different variations with many different ingredients- it all depends on what you have in your pantry.
For instance, you can make use of chicken mince instead of beef mince and throw in some black beans as well.
For garnish, you can also use sliced jalapenos for an extra spicy kick.
If you don’t have enchilada sauce, you can also use any other Mexican sauce, but I always find it tastes excellent when I stick to using enchilada sauce.
And oh, you can also add some corn kernels into it if you have them- they taste great too. For a healthy punch, you can also top the casserole with some sliced avocados and serve it alongside a simple tomato and onion based salad.
Love your protein? You can also top this with a fried egg.
More Mexican-Inspired Instant Pot Recipes
- Homemade Salsa Recipe Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot Carnitas Recipe – a Pressure Cooker Dinner
- Spanish Rice: Instant Pot Rice Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Enchiladas
- Instant Pot Taco Soup: The Best Chicken Taco Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Mexican Casserole Recipe
- Instant Pot Nachos with Chicken & Homemade Queso Dip
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Hamburger Helper Casserole Recipe
Have you tried this recipe? Don't forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 3 cups cheddar cheese grated, divided
- 10 corn tortillas cut into strips
- To garnish: sour cream, cilantro, black olives
- Turn your Instant Pot on sauté mode. Brown your beef.
- Once the meat is browned, pour in the enchilada sauce. Mix well until fully incorporated.
- Pour in 1 1/2 cups of cheese, and all of the sliced tortillas.
- Stir everything well at this point until completely incorporated.
- Pour in the remaining cheese, and add the lid to the Instant Pot. Close the valve.
- Cook on “High” for 3 minutes to melt the cheese. Release the pressure manually.
- Once done, serve with more olives, sour cream, and/or cilantro as garnish! Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 558Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 1155mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 37g