Love lasagna but hate how it takes so much kitchen time and effort? Give this easy Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna recipe a try- it needs just 10 minutes of your prep time!
Table of contents
Is it Really That Easy?
Yes, it actually is!
In most cases, you would need to spend atleast an hour in the kitchen, getting the ingredients all prepped and ready, cooking the pasta sheets, preparing the lasagna mixture and then layering it all right before you pop it into the oven.
Plus, you’d also possibly need to use a springform pan!
But hey, your very own instant pot takes care of all that extra load, and you can now enjoy your favorite lasagna at home, without putting in all that effort.
Naturally, your cooking time will be cut down, but that’s not just it- you won’t even need to worry about getting a springform pan. Your pot will do the job!
Can I Make Lasagna Noodles Myself?
For all those who like to keep it healthy, yes- making lasagna noodles all by yourself from scratch is definitely possible.
You’ll need to look up a good, tried and tested recipe, and then you can easily use those instead of your store bought noodles. Just remember that the cooking time for both these might differ.
In fact, with some recipes, you won’t even have to pre-cook the noodles before you add them to your dish. You’ll just need to add a little extra water to your dish, and that should do the job of cooking the lasagna sheets right in the oven (or in this case, your Instant Pot).
You can also make homemade lasagna sheets 24 hours ahead of time. Just layer them on a baking sheet, cover them and pop them into the refrigerator.
Is There a Way to Make it Healthier?
Oh yes, there are actually pretty good ways to make your instant pot lasagna healthier than it already is!
- When making your basic sauce for the lasagna, throw some veggies into the mix. Bell peppers, zucchini, summer squash and carrots are some good options. They give you a good dose of fiber, and are loaded with nutrients too.
- In between the layers, add some spinach leaves too.
- Swap those regular lasagna noodles for whole wheat noodles instead. And of course, you can always make these at home yourself too.
- Swap the ground beef for a leaner meat choice. You can opt for ground chicken or even try making it using soya granules.
- If you’re watching your waistline, you can consider using low fat mozzarella cheese or cottage cheese instead of the regular cheese.
Loved this instant pot lasagna recipe? Don’t forget to share it with others and spread the love.