Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Love lasagna but hate how it takes so much kitchen time and effort? Give this easy Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna recipe a try- it needs just 10 minutes of your prep time!
Is it Really That Easy?
Yes, it actually is!
In most cases, you would need to spend atleast an hour in the kitchen, getting the ingredients all prepped and ready, cooking the pasta sheets, preparing the lasagna mixture and then layering it all right before you pop it into the oven.
Plus, you’d also possibly need to use a springform pan!
But hey, your very own instant pot takes care of all that extra load, and you can now enjoy your favorite lasagna at home, without putting in all that effort.
Naturally, your cooking time will be cut down, but that’s not just it- you won’t even need to worry about getting a springform pan. Your pot will do the job!
Can I Make Lasagna Noodles Myself?
For all those who like to keep it healthy, yes- making lasagna noodles all by yourself from scratch is definitely possible.
You’ll need to look up a good, tried and tested recipe, and then you can easily use those instead of your store bought noodles. Just remember that the cooking time for both these might differ.
In fact, with some recipes, you won’t even have to pre-cook the noodles before you add them to your dish. You’ll just need to add a little extra water to your dish, and that should do the job of cooking the lasagna sheets right in the oven (or in this case, your Instant Pot).
You can also make homemade lasagna sheets 24 hours ahead of time. Just layer them on a baking sheet, cover them and pop them into the refrigerator.
Is There a Way to Make it Healthier?
Oh yes, there are actually pretty good ways to make your instant pot lasagna healthier than it already is!
- When making your basic sauce for the lasagna, throw some veggies into the mix. Bell peppers, zucchini, summer squash and carrots are some good options. They give you a good dose of fiber, and are loaded with nutrients too.
- In between the layers, add some spinach leaves too.
- Swap those regular lasagna noodles for whole wheat noodles instead. And of course, you can always make these at home yourself too.
- Swap the ground beef for a leaner meat choice. You can opt for ground chicken or even try making it using soya granules.
- If you’re watching your waistline, you can consider using low fat mozzarella cheese or cottage cheese instead of the regular cheese.
Loved this instant pot lasagna recipe? Don’t forget to share it with others and spread the love.
More Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
- Spanish Rice: Instant Pot Rice Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Vegetable Curry Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Enchiladas
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
- Instant Pot Vegetable Rice Pilaf Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Salmon Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Mexican Casserole Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Recipe
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 11 dried lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 24-25 ounce jar of marinara sauce
- 3 cups water (divided. 2 cups, and then 1 cup)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
Choose the sauté function on the Instant Pot. While that is heating up, dice your onions, mince your garlic, and break each lasagna noodle into thirds. Set the noodles aside.
Once the Instant Pot is hot on saute mode, add the olive oil. Allow that to heat up. Once the oil is hot, add the ground meat. Break up the meat and brown. This should take about 5 minutes.
While the meat is cooking, in a bowl, pour in the marinara sauce, the dried Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
Once the meat is browned, add the onion and garlic. Stirring occasionally, allow the garlic and onions to cook and soften.
Once the garlic and onion is cooked, add in the tomato paste. Stir this well in the meat mixture. The paste should darken.
Pour in your marinara sauce (with the seasonings) over the meat.
Add 2 cups of water.
Stir and make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot from any leftover meat that may have browned.
Taking your noodles that you have broken up into thirds, layer them on the meat mixture, under the water from different directions. This way each noodle will be well distributed for eating, but also, they will cook thoroughly. Once each noodle is in the pot, using your spoon, push down on the noodles enough to submerge under the water.
Pour in your remaining 1 cup of water. Stir gently to incorporate everything in your pot.
Make sure your noodles are still submerged under the water. Then place the lid on your Instant Pot, locking in place. Close the valve and cook under HIGH pressure for 5 minutes. It will take about 12 minutes for it to come to pressure.
While this is cooking, in a bowl, mix your parmesan cheese, and cottage cheese together. Shred the mozzarella (it is better to use fresh mozzarella, but you can use pre-shredded mozzarella). Chop the parsley leaves.
Once the Instant Pot cook time has completed, allow it to naturally release for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, quick release, and wait for existing pressure to release.
Spoon the cottage choose mixture on top inside the Instant Pot, and then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese. Close the lid and allow it to remain on “warm” for the cheese to melt.
Garnish with parsley, serve, and enjoy this delicious meal!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.