Sharing is caring!
Take your sweet treats up a notch with this insanely easy Instant Pot dulce de leche recipe you just can’t go wrong with.
Table of contents
From drizzling it over your bowl of ice cream to adding it to your brownies and other sweet creations, Dulce de leche is a surprisingly versatile and extremely delicious concoction worth whipping up, and if you’re trying your hands at it for the first time, and have your instant pot, here’s a bit of help.
Read on to discover everything you need to know about making it the right way, along with an incredibly easy recipe to try out- step by step.
Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
I add Dulce de leche to so many dessert recipes. Here are a few recent dessert recipes. Some of them would be delicious with an extra topping.
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
- Banana Instant Pot Cake Recipes — Easy Instant Pot Cakes
- Copycat Starbucks Chocolate Cake Pops Recipe
- Instant Pot Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Recipe Is SO Tasty
- Instant Pot 2-Ingredient 7-Up or Sprite Lemon Cake
- Starbucks Pink Cake Pops Recipe
- Instant Pot Cake Recipe - Applesauce Spice Cake
- Air Fryer Granola
How Do I Make Dulce de Leche?
So you can actually make dulce de leche all by yourself with just one single ingredient- a can of condensed milk. Sounds too good to be true right? Well, it isn’t.
Condensed milk basically contains a very small amount of water in it, and you can’t boil something that doesn’t have water in it.
Plus, most condensed milk cans contain a good quantity of added sugar, which, when heated, tends to caramelize and turn golden in color. The end result you get- that creamy and incredibly delicious liquid known as Dulce de leche.
What’s the Difference Between Dulce de Leche & Caramel?
While both of these concoctions rely on the caramelization of sugar as a key component, they are not the same.
Caramel is actually just well heated sugar and is usually crystal clear.
Dulce de leche, on the other hand, also contains milk along with the sugar, which lends it a much creamier taste.
I Don’t Have Condensed Milk. Can I Still Make Instant Pot Dulce de Leche?
Yes, you definitely can. The procedure may involve a teeny bit more time and effort that way, but yes, you can still whip up a perfectly decent batch of dulce de leche to team up with your sweet creations even if you’ve run out of condensed milk.
You’ll basically need some milk, sugar and baking soda- and a little bit of time of course.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Dulce de leche is surprisingly versatile- you can team it up with a number of different foods and take their flavor up a notch.
For instance, if you’ve run out of chocolate to make a fondue, you can use Dulce de leche instead- it tastes great when paired with fresh fruits like strawberries, bananas, grapes and even sliced apples.
Making crepes or pancakes? This can turn out to be a great topping on them too. In fact, you can also spread it on some plain toast if you want to.
Dulce de leche can also bring out the flavors in many baked goodies like cakes and cookies. Love waffles or churros? Dulce de leche tastes great with those too.
Favorite Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Supplies used to make the best Dulce de Leche
- Instant Pot DUO
- Trivet Rack Stand
- Aluminium foil
- Oven Mitts
- Kitchen Tongs with Silicone Tip
- Cooling Rack
Ingredients used to make an easy Dulce de Leche
- Open the can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Cover the can tightly with aluminum foil
- Place in the instant pot on the trivet.
- Fill up the Instant Pot with water to cover the can halfway.
- Close the Instant Pot and close the seal. Select “manual, high pressure” for 35 minutes. Due to the amount of water, it will take about 30 minutes to arrive to pressure.
- Once it is done cooking, release the pressure using a hot pad or towel as steam will be hot.
- Remove the can from the Instant Pot using tongs. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Cool and then serve! Delicious with apples, ice cream, or my favorite, by itself by the spoonful!
- Can my dog eat Dulce de Leche? Don't give him sweets or sugar. All sweets can be considered forbidden foods for dogs. Sugar is a food to avoid since it can cause obesity and in some cases diabetes.
- Can my cat eat Dulce de Leche? Avoid giving him this delicacy. Both sugar and other sweeteners are harmful foods in the cat since its metabolism is not prepared to assimilate them. In addition, their palate is also not adapted to these foods and they do not enjoy the sweet taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11 in 1, Electric Pressure Cooker with Air Fryer, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate, Slow Cook, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, 8 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
Instant Pot Stainless Steel Official Wire Roasting Rack, Compatible with 6-quart and 8-quart cookers
Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil, 200 Square Feet
HOMWE Silicone Oven Mitts and Pot Holders, 4-Piece Set, Heavy Duty Cooking Gloves, Kitchen Counter Safe Trivet Mats, Advanced Heat Resistance, Non-Slip Textured Grip, Gray
Kaluns Kitchen Tongs for Cooking, Non Stick Silicone Tip Stainless Steel Tongs, Set of Four 7,9, and 12 Inch Tong Plus Silicone Spatula Non-stick, Heat Resistant Serving Utensils
Hiware 2-Pack Cooling Racks for Baking - 10" x 15" - Stainless Steel Wire Cookie Rack Fits Jelly Roll Sheet Pan, Oven Safe for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling
Amount Per Serving Calories 15Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 2mgSodium 6mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 0g
More Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
- How Many Ounces Are in a Barrel of Beer?
- Is Oatmeal Good for Upset Stomach? Uncovering Soothing Foods for Digestive Woes
- Crockpot Guinness Beer Pot Roast
- 15 Bean Soup Crockpot Recipe
- Can You Put Frozen Ground Turkey in Crock Pot: Safe Cooking Tips Revealed
- Easy Guide on How to Cook a Frozen Ham in a Crockpot: Delicious Results Every Time
- Can You Put Frozen Pork Loin in Crock Pot? - Safe & Delicious Slow Cooking Tips
- How To Triple A Recipe (Or Double It) In A Snap
- Instant Pot Fried Chicken
- The Essential Guide to Effective Bread Proofing Techniques
- 7 Affordable Rehearsal Dinner Ideas
- 10 Delicious Dinner Ideas with Cornbread
- Delicious Dinner Ideas with Mashed Potatoes
- Back Ribs vs Baby Back Ribs: Understanding the Difference
- How to Freeze Dry Candy: A Step-by-Step Guide
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!