Take your sweet treats up a notch with this insanely easy Instant Pot dulce de leche recipe you just can’t go wrong with.
Table of contents
From drizzling it over your bowl of ice cream to adding it to your brownies and other sweet creations, Dulce de leche is a surprisingly versatile and extremely delicious concoction worth whipping up, and if you’re trying your hands at it for the first time, and have your instant pot, here’s a bit of help.
Read on to discover everything you need to know about making it the right way, along with an incredibly easy recipe to try out- step by step.
Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
I add Dulce de leche to so many dessert recipes. Here are a few recent dessert recipes. Some of them would be delicious with an extra topping.
- Air Fryer Granola
- How to Make Incredibly Easy and Authentic Starbucks Chocolate Cake Pops Recipe
- Instant Pot Pound Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
- Apple Spice Cake in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes Cheesecake Recipe
- Blueberry Muffin Cake Recipe & Instant Pot Baking Accessories
How Do I Make Dulce de Leche?
So you can actually make dulce de leche all by yourself with just one single ingredient- a can of condensed milk. Sounds too good to be true right? Well, it isn’t.
Condensed milk basically contains a very small amount of water in it, and you can’t boil something that doesn’t have water in it.
Plus, most condensed milk cans contain a good quantity of added sugar, which, when heated, tends to caramelize and turn golden in color. The end result you get- that creamy and incredibly delicious liquid known as Dulce de leche.
What’s the Difference Between Dulce de Leche & Caramel?
While both of these concoctions rely on the caramelization of sugar as a key component, they are not the same.
Caramel is actually just well heated sugar and is usually crystal clear.
Dulce de leche, on the other hand, also contains milk along with the sugar, which lends it a much creamier taste.
I Don’t Have Condensed Milk. Can I Still Make Instant Pot Dulce de Leche?
Yes, you definitely can. The procedure may involve a teeny bit more time and effort that way, but yes, you can still whip up a perfectly decent batch of dulce de leche to team up with your sweet creations even if you’ve run out of condensed milk.
You’ll basically need some milk, sugar and baking soda- and a little bit of time of course.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Dulce de leche is surprisingly versatile- you can team it up with a number of different foods and take their flavor up a notch.
For instance, if you’ve run out of chocolate to make a fondue, you can use Dulce de leche instead- it tastes great when paired with fresh fruits like strawberries, bananas, grapes and even sliced apples.
Making crepes or pancakes? This can turn out to be a great topping on them too. In fact, you can also spread it on some plain toast if you want to.
Dulce de leche can also bring out the flavors in many baked goodies like cakes and cookies. Love waffles or churros? Dulce de leche tastes great with those too.
Favorite Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
More Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
- How to Make Rice - Instant Pot Rice FAQs
- How Many Ounces in a Quart
- How Many Oz in a Cup
- How Many Quarts in a Gallon
- How Many Cups in a Quart
- How Many Ounces in a Gallon
- How Many Ounces in a Cup
- How Many Pints in a Quart
- How Many Pints in a Gallon
- How to Convert Ounces to Cups
- How Many Ounces Are in a Gallon
- How Many Cups Are in a Quart
- How to Convert Oz to Cups
- How Many Cups in a Pint
- How Many Ounces in a Liter