Even though it's traditional to eat this meal during the St. Patrick holiday, we're actually huge fans of making this Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe all year long. There really isn't any flavor like this corned beef and cabbage recipe and it's one we all really, really enjoy.
Make certain to check out our Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes as well for a lot of other great dinner ideas.
Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
The great part about this recipe is that it has an awesome flavor and taste. And this is one simple way that I can actually get the kids to eat cabbage as well!
The salt and seasonings from the Corned Beef do a great job of soaking into the cabbage so this means that every bite is literally packed full of taste and flavor.
Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
- Trivet | We use our Instant Pot trivet so frequently, we ended up with an extra to have on hand as an extra.
- Instant Pot silicone ring replacement | Change out the silicone ring on your Instant Pot every 6 to 12 months to ensure you maintain a proper seal while cooking. If the ring gets discolored or has a bad odor prior to that, it can be replaced sooner.
- Thongs | Always use thongs to lift large pieces of meat in and out of the Instant Pot.
- Glass meal prep freezer containers | These come in handy when making a meal like Corned Beef where you might have leftovers. Meal prep freezer containers are perfect for freezer cooking.
Ingredients needed to make Corned Beef and Cabbage in the Instant Pot
- Garlic cloves
- Yellow onions
- Bay leaves
- Chicken or beef broth
- Corned beef brisket with spice pack
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Red potatoes
- Cabbage head
Do you Rinse corned beef before cooking?
Some people do, some people don't. If you buy corned beef that is already seasoned, this is where you'll find people that will rinse and wash off some of that added seasoning.
Otherwise, there wouldn't really be a reason to rinse off anything since there isn't any type of seasonings added at all.
What do you serve with corned beef and cabbage?
It's really quite a meal already as is but you could always add a simple side salad or some nice homemade bread as well.
And if you decide to forgo any type of side dishes, just skip right ahead to the desserts! From cakes to ice cream, everything will taste delicious after filling your belly full of a meal this good.
More Beef Recipes
What condiment goes with corned beef?
Since corned beef is traditionally a saltier type of meat, the best condiments that you can pair up with it are:
But you can easily pair up other condiments as well. Whatever you crave and like, go for it.
Does corned beef get tender the longer you cook it?
You need to be careful here and follow the cooking directions as listed in the recipe below. If you overcook corned beef, it's going to be chewy and not as good.