Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Super tasty and easy to make, these Instant Pot Corn Dog Bites can turn out to be a great lunch box idea for your kiddo, or even as a snack.
Craving for some corn dogs but hate how they take so much kitchen time to make?
Well, here’s helping you with a super simple recipe that you can try in your instant pot! They’re bite sized, delicious and you can whip them up in minutes.
Are Instant Pot Corn Dog Bites Healthy?
Regular corn dogs may not be the healthiest, but these actually are, especially if you’re watching your weight and trying to cut down your intake of fried food.
That’s simply because these corn dog bites are actually steamed, so you’ll be able to stay on track and control your oil intake in a much more effective way.
Can I Make the Corn Dog Batter From Scratch?
For this recipe, we’ve used a store bought and boxed corn dog mix, but that doesn’t always need to be the case. If you’re trying to make it from scratch or just sticking to clean eating in general, making the corn dog batter is pretty easy.
All you need to do is combine some cornmeal with a little flour, salt, pepper, sugar, baking powder and give it a mix. Now add in a couple of eggs and some milk until the consistency of the mixture is just right. That’s it.
Best Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
How Do I Coat the Hot Dogs Right?
There might be a number of reasons why your batter probably won’t stick to the hot dog that great, and might not coat it right. If that’s the case, here’s a little trick that might help.
First, coat the hot dog with some flour and then dip it into the corn dog batter. This will ensure that the hot dog is coated thoroughly.
Can I Freeze these Corn Dogs?
It is definitely okay to freeze these corn dog bites and even regular corn dogs for that matter, but it is important to remember that when you do that, the flavor and texture might not be the same.
These appetizers taste best when made and consumed fresh.
Serving Suggestions & Ideas
Whether you’re serving these corn dog bites at a next house party you’re hosting or adding them to your kid’s lunch box, you might be on the hunt for some good sides to go along with it, and here’s helping you out with just that.
Here are a few good sides that go great along with these corn dog bites.
- Corn and green bean salad
- Corn on the cob with some seasoning
- A basic potato salad
- A pasta salad with loads of fresh veggies
- A classic coleslaw
For kids, you can also team up the corn dogs with some homemade mac n cheese!
Have you tried this recipe? Don't forget to Rate This Recipe below!
More Instant Pot Appetizer Recipes
- Homemade Salsa Recipe Instant Pot
- Olive Garden Spinach Artichoke Dip Instant Pot Copycat Recipe
- Cream Cheese Chicken Crescent Rolls – Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Meatloaf Bites- Egg Bites Meatloaf Recipe
- Toast Bread in Air Fryer with Air Fryer Toaster Pizza Bread
- Instant Pot Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- How to Make Pizza Rolls in Air Fryer
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes Instant Pot Recipe
- 8.5 box of Jiffy corn bread mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 4 hot dogs
- Follow the directions on box of cornbread by mixing together the Jiffy mix, egg, and milk.
- Cut each hot dog into three sections evenly. This will give you 12 pieces.
- Fill each silicone mold halfway with the cornbread mix. Once this is done, insert 1 of the hots (cut) into the mold in the center.
- Then, fill the rest of the mold with the batter. Make sure you do not overfill as you want each corn dog to cook evenly.
- Make sure that each mold is about ¾ full and covers the hot dog.
- Place the silicone lid and snap into place. If you do not have a lid, you can cover with aluminum foil by laying a piece of foil on the counter and placing the mold on it.
- Then from each side, grab the aluminum foil to create a cone shape. This way, if the egg mixture spills over during the transfer process to the Instant Pot, it is spilling into the aluminum instead of in the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot. Place the Instant Pot trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Put the silicone egg molds (filled) on the trivet. You can use more than one egg mold. The Instant Pot’s pressure will cook each mold evenly.
- Close the Instant Pot lid. Lock into place and push the valve to its sealing position.
- Cook the corn dogs in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes by choosing the manual button.
- After the Instant Pot has finished cooking, allow it to naturally release its steam for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, open the valve manually.
- Once the steam has completed being released, open the Instant Pot.
- Use something to protect your hands, and grab the trivet using both sides to remove the Corn Dogs from the Instant Pot.
- Push each corn dog out of the silicone mold.
- You can serve with ketchup, mustard, honey, hot sauce, or nothing at all!
- Serve and enjoy these delicious corn dogs!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 343mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g
More of Our Latest Instant Pot Recipes
- Tuna Noodle Casserole Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup – Instant Pot Soups
- Corn Chowder Recipe Instant Pot
- Ham Potato Soup – Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast and Rice
- Homemade Salsa Recipe Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree with an Instant Pot
- Apple Spice Cake in the Instant Pot
- Easy Shrimp Scampi: Instant Pot Shrimp Recipe
- Key Lime Pie Recipe – Instant Pot Desserts
- Cajun Chicken Pasta Chili's Copycat Instant Pot Chicken
- Christmas Cake Gingerbread Instant Pot Recipe