Super tasty and easy to make, these Instant Pot Corn Dog Bites can turn out to be a great lunch box idea or snack.
Table of contents
Craving for some corn dogs but hate how they take so much kitchen time to make?
Well, here’s helping you with a super simple recipe that you can try in your instant pot! They’re bite sized, delicious and you can whip them up in minutes.
Are Instant Pot Corn Dog Bites Healthy?
Regular corn dogs may not be the healthiest, but these actually are, especially if you’re watching your weight and trying to cut down your intake of fried food.
That’s simply because these corn dog bites are actually steamed, so you’ll be able to stay on track and control your oil intake in a much more effective way.
Can I Make the Corn Dog Batter From Scratch?
For this recipe, we’ve used a store bought and boxed corn dog mix, but that doesn’t always need to be the case. If you’re trying to make it from scratch or just sticking to clean eating in general, making the corn dog batter is pretty easy.
All you need to do is combine some cornmeal with a little flour, salt, pepper, sugar, baking powder and give it a mix. Now add in a couple of eggs and some milk until the consistency of the mixture is just right. That’s it.
Best Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
How Do I Coat the Hot Dogs Right?
There might be a number of reasons why your batter probably won’t stick to the hot dog that great, and might not coat it right. If that’s the case, here’s a little trick that might help.
First, coat the hot dog with some flour and then dip it into the corn dog batter. This will ensure that the hot dog is coated thoroughly.
Can I Freeze these Corn Dogs?
It is definitely okay to freeze these corn dog bites and even regular corn dogs for that matter, but it is important to remember that when you do that, the flavor and texture might not be the same.
These appetizers taste best when made and consumed fresh.
Serving Suggestions & Ideas
Whether you’re serving these corn dog bites at a next house party you’re hosting or adding them to your kid’s lunch box, you might be on the hunt for some good sides to go along with it, and here’s helping you out with just that.
Here are a few good sides that go great along with these corn dog bites.
- Corn and green bean salad
- Corn on the cob with some seasoning
- A basic potato salad
- A pasta salad with loads of fresh veggies
- A classic coleslaw
For kids, you can also team up the corn dogs with some homemade mac n cheese!
More Instant Pot Appetizer Recipes
- How to Make Astounding Air Fryer Fried Pickles. Forget Adequate Appetizers!
- Instant Pot Beef Queso Dip
- How to Make Sticky Rice
- Instant Pot Deviled Eggs Recipe for the Perfect Deviled Eggs
- Instant Pot Meatballs and Meatball Sliders Recipe
- Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Thai Chicken Wraps
- Instant Pot Baked Brie & Apples Appetizer
More of Our Latest Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Functions
- Air Fryer Egg Salad
- How to Make Brown Basmati Rice in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli Recipe
- Instant Pot Homemade Dog Food
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- What is Half Of 3/4 Cup | Simple Steps to Halve Any Ingredient
- Instant Pot Duo Plus Pressure Cooker Review and Accessories
- Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts Recipe. Easy to Make, Delightful, and Delicious to Eat!
- Instant Pot Sushi Rice. Learn How to Make It & 6 Reasons You Need This Fantastic Recipe.
- How to Dress Up Pork and Beans. Try This Delicious Instant Pot Baked Beans Recipe.
- How to Make Incredibly Easy and Authentic Starbucks Chocolate Cake Pops Recipe
- Best Air Fryer Taquitos. How to Make or How Long to Cook Frozen Taquitos.
- Instant Pot Ultra Electric Pressure Cooker Review
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp Chicken Wings. 5 Reasons to Absolutely Adore This Cooking Method.