Got Mexican food on your mind? Here’s how you can whip up insanely delicious beef enchiladas yourself in your instant pot!
Table of contents
Perfect for when you’re craving for some Mexican food, but still don’t want to indulge in something unhealthy, here’s a quick and easy instant pot beef enchilada recipe to try out.
It has the perfect balance of flavors- the spicy kick and the meaty deliciousness- you’ll find yourself making it again and again.
But before you go ahead and look for the ingredients list and the recipe, here’s what you might need to know beforehand, and the answers to some questions you might have.
How Do I Keep my Tortillas From Falling Apart?
How do you make sure your tortillas are not mushy and soggy and don’t fall apart as you try to take them out of the Instant Pot and serve them?
It takes just a single extra step- heat some oil in a pot and dip the tortillas in the hot oil for just a second or two- they should ideally be just a teeny bit crisp on the outside, but still soft enough to be rolled after they are filled with the mixture.
Which Tortillas Should I Use to Make My Beef Enchiladas?
Traditionally, corn tortillas were used to make enchiladas, and if you can get your hands on them, that’s great.
But in general, it is best to stick to using flour tortillas, especially if you’re making these for the first time, since they’re relatively much easier to roll up and handle, as opposed to the corn ones.
More Instant Pot Mexican-Inspired Recipes
- Instant Pot Beef Queso Dip
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice and Beans
- Instant Pot Black Beans No Soak Recipe
- Instant Pot Taco Soup: The Best Chicken Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Taco Pasta — A New Take on Taco Tuesday
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans Recipe
- Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa Recipe
- Spanish Rice: Instant Pot Rice Recipe
Can I Make These Ahead of Time?
If you’re planning to make these for a party you’re throwing or for some guests coming over, you might want to make them ahead of time to save you some of that end moment hassle, and yes, you can actually do that.
Just roll up the enchiladas as you would, but don’t top them with the sauce- save that step for the last for just when you’re about to serve, and you should be just fine.
Can I Freeze These Beef Enchiladas?
Yes, you can definitely freeze the completed enchiladas as well. Just assemble them as you would in your instant pot, and pop them in a plastic freezer container and they should stay good in there for up to 4 months.
This means you can whip up a couple (or more) batches and freeze them to be used whenever you’re in need of a quick dinner fix.
Instant Pot Kitchen Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Not sure what to serve with these delicious enchiladas you just whipped up? We’ve got a few ideas for you to try out.
- Spicy corn salad
- Grilled/sauteed veggies
- Mexican style cornbread
- Easy guacamole
- Avocado and cabbage slaw
- Mexican corn pudding
- Chips and salsa
- Mango and cilantro salsa
- Spanish rice