Whip up this gluten-free sausage gravy recipe today for breakfast or even a tasty dinner. This is a homemade easy sausage gravy that cooks right in your Instant Pot.
This is similar to a crockpot sausage gravy, but with a lot faster of a cook time. For more Instant Pot sausage recipes, try my Cajun sausage and rice, orzo stuffed sausage peppers, or Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. Our Steel Cut Oats in the Instant Pot is another fantastic breakfast receipe.
Table of contents
Whip this up for a breakfast for a crowd, Christmas morning breakfast, or even for serving up for a breakfast for dinner.
Pair with gluten-free biscuits and you have a whole meal ready to serve up.
Why You Will Enjoy This Gluten-Free Biscuit and Gravy...
- Homemade White Sausage Gravy
- Gluten-free breakfast option
- Family-Friendly Recipe
- Breakfast sausage
- Chicken Broth
- Gluten free flour blend or all purpose flour
- Milk or Dairy Substitute
- Salt and Pepper
- Gluten free biscuits
How To Make
Full directions for this instant pot sausage gravy are in the printable recipe card below.
Saute Ground Sausage | Start by turning the Instant Pot to the saute feature. Then cook your ground sausage until it is fully cooked.
Broth| Once meat is cooked pour in your broth. Place lid on and set to sealing and cook as directed.
Flour Mixture | Mix your milk and flour together in a bowl as your gravy mixture cooks. Then you will stir it into the mixture once you remove the lid.
Biscuits | Cook your biscuits as directed to the package or your homemade version.
Assemble | Serve up your biscuits with gravy and enjoy.
You can store leftover sausage gravy in an airtight container. It will store in the fridge for 2-3 days. Just reheat in the microwave or on the stove on low heat.
When you reheat if you find the gravy is too thick simply add a splash of milk to help thin it up again. Then it will just need stirred and you are ready to serve up your warm gravy.
Make sure to occasionally stir, making sure you do not burn your gravy. Then pair with the biscuits.
Supplies Used to Make Gravy
- Ladle spoon rest | Use this spoon rest every time you cook to save on countertop messes.
- Silicone soup ladle for non-stick cookware | A silicone soup ladle is the perfect ladle to use for scooping up gravy onto your biscuits. Using silicone utensils is necessary when cooking on any non-stick pan or for the Instant Pot nonstick inner pot.
- Silicone whisk set | Use this silicone whisk set right in your nonstick pots! Silicone is gentle on pans and doesn't scratch.
Ways To Serve Up Biscuit Gravy
If you don't want to serve this gravy up with biscuits you could do hashbrowns, toast, or even eat it plain if you want.
This gravy is pretty versatile so feel free to change what to serve your gravy mix.
Variations To Recipe
- For a dairy free sausage gravy - use almond milk to replace of milk. This will make a sausage gravy with almond milk with minimal flavor change.
- Make this sausage gravy with heavy cream for an ultra-rich and creamy gravy.
- If you are not gluten-free you can easily use regular biscuits and gravy.
- For keto sausage gravy alter the ingredients. Then use cloud bread in replace of biscuits.
- Make this a turkey sausage gravy instead of classic sausage. It reminds me of the Bob Evans sausage gravy!
The gravy isn't the best to be frozen and thawed due to the dairy in the recipe. You will find it can curdle a bit once you thaw it out and need to be reheated.
However, you can certainly save it in the refrigerator and reheat it. I use these reusable freezer-safe meal prep containers that work great for storing food in the refrigerator or freezer.
The flour mixture you stir in once the sausage is cooked is what thickens your gravy.
If you want it thicker allow it to cook a bit on the sauté mode and it will cook down more and thicken as you keep it going. Stir often or it will burn.
If you do not want to use milk you will find that water can work but it will change the flavor quite a bit. Making it blander. I recommend using half water and half chicken stock.
Not sure on carbs or calories in sausage gravy? For this recipe, I show 26 carbs and 336 calories per serving. You can always adjust the serving size to adapt to your needs.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Functions
- Air Fryer Egg Salad
- How to Make Brown Basmati Rice in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli Recipe
- Instant Pot Homemade Dog Food
This is the best sausage gravy recipe in the Instant Pot. I hope you enjoy it as much as our family has.
Are You New To The Instant Pot World? Here are some helpful posts to get you started in cooking in your pressure cooker.