Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Whip up this easy cherry cobbler recipe today. Instant Pot Cherry Cobbler is the perfect dessert to whip up for an after-dinner dessert or last-minute dessert to serve guests.
Delicious cherry pie filling topped with a cake mix batter.
Instant Pot Cherry Cobbler
This pressure cooker cherry cobbler is crazy simple to make. You just need a couple of ingredients and a little bit of time to cook.
Serve with a big scoop of ice cream or even whipped topping and you will be in heaven.
What Cake Mix To Use For Cherry Cobbler Topping
White or yellow cake mix would work in this recipe. If you were craving a chocolate and cherry flavor you could possibly try a chocolate cake as well.
I find that using a cake mix as the topping for your cherry cobbler really cuts a ton of time out of the prep work.
How To Make Cherry Cobbler In Instant Pot
Pour the cherry pie filling into the dish, and set aside. Then you will work up the cake mix topping and spoon over the cherry pie crust.
The next thing you will do is cook as directed below. Then let it cool down a bit, spoon into bowls or a plate and enjoy.
Kids and adults will both love this cherry cobbler recipe.
What Is The Difference Between Pie and Cobbler
The difference between pie and cobbler is all about the crust. A pie has a flour type crust on the bottom, that is then filled with fruit or other filling.
Cobblers have the filling on the bottom and then topped with a cake mix style topping.
Pies and cobblers offer a similar flavor, and I love the ease of this fruit cobbler recipe.
Is This A Dump Cake Recipe
No, you will find dump cakes are made a bit different. You would sprinkle dry cake mix over the batter then place sliced butter all over the top.
Both desserts use similar ingredients but the process of how the recipes are assembled is different.
Looking for more Instant Pot Desserts
- Easy Instant Pot Applesauce Cake | Whip up this applesauce cake for a rich and moist cake recipe.
- Instant Pot Pound Cake | I love a pound cake and making it in the Instant Pot is incredible. Whip this up for a decadent dessert.
- Instant Pot Blueberry Compote | This blueberry compote is perfect for placing on on yogurt, spread on bread, and so much more.
Serve up this deep-dish cherry dessert for your friends, family, or even your next potluck. Let me know what you think of this simple Instant Pot recipe today!
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 2 21-ounce cans cherry pie filling
- 15.25 ounce box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups water (for the Instant Pot)
- Add cherry pie filling to a casserole dish that will fit inside your pressure cooker.
- Mix melted butter with cake mix.
- Spoon the cake mix over the cherry pie filling.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water (1 cup if using a 6 quart pressure cooker) of water to the inner pot of your Instant Pot.
- Lower the casserole dish into the inner pot onto a trivet with a sling.
- Seal and set for a high pressure time of 10 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release of 10 minutes, and then let the remaining pressure out.
- If you have an Instant Pot air fryer lid, air fry directly in the pot for 5 minutes. Otherwise, take the casserole dish out, and broil for about 5 minutes, or until the cobbler crust is a nice golden brown.
- Remove from the pot (or broiler) and serve warm with ice cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 297mgCarbohydrates: 73gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 4g