Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. I might receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Serve up this beef and broccoli for dinner tonight. An instant pot Chinese recipe that is loaded with flavor. Easy beef and broccoli paired with rice or even noodles, is always my go-to meal.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
The beef and broccoli sauce is so delicious in this recipe. When you pour it over rice it soaks up all the savory flavor and makes it even tastier than you can imagine.
How to Make
So the first thing you are going to do is work on creating your beef and broccoli sauce. Whisk all the ingredients together and mix well.
Pour 1/4 of the sauce over your cut up meat. Allow it to marinate for 30 minutes or longer.
Turn the Instant pot to saute and start to cook your broccoli florets. Once the broccoli is cooked down, remove and set aside.
Now toss in your meat and 2 tablespoons of oil, along with ginger and garlic. You can cook in batches browning the meat.
Once your meat is cooked, add the rest of your sauce, mix well. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes followed by a 5-minute natural release.
What to Serve With
Cauliflower rice, classic rice, noodles and more can all be paired with this beef and broccoli mix. Feel free to pick and choose what fits your dietary needs and what you have on hand.
I love cooking up rice as the meat and veggies are cooking in the Instant Pot. So simple, easy, and mighty tasty.
Can You Meal Prep With Leftovers
Absolutely! Go right ahead and use leftovers to meal prep a lunch or two. This will store well for a few days, and then you will find it goes bad and needs to be tossed.
Add a side of rice and your beef mix in a single serve container. Then reheat and devour!
Topping Ideas for Beef and Broccoli
- Sesame Seeds
- Green Onions
- Drizzle of Soy Sauce
Feel free to add any and all of your favorite toppings. We like to do simple so the flavors of the dish take center stage.
Can I Add In Other Vegetables
Go ahead and slice up some onions or even peppers if you want. Or reach for some mushrooms. I find that tossing the vegges in once the mixture is done and allow them to warm up in the sauce, softens them perfectly.
If you were to pressure cook peppers they will turn to mush. But it is all about what your personal texture preference is.
- 2/3 cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
Beef and Broccoli
- Combine sauce ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix together.
- Add meat to a second bowl and pour 1/4th of the sauce over the meat. Set the bowl in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes or more.
- When ready to begin cooking, turn the sauté mode on. Allow the inner pot to heat up and then add in half the oil to heat for a minute.
- When the oil is heated, add in the broccoli. Cook broccoli on sauté mode until you reach the doneness preferred. Remove and set aside.
- Now, add the remaining oil, garlic, ginger and the beef.
- Brown the beef and then add in the sauce.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is sealed.
- Cook for a high pressure time of 15 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release time for 5 minutes, and then release the remaining pressure.
- Open the Instant Pot and stir the broccoli into the beef mixture.
- Serve over rice or noodles and top with green onions and sesame seeds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 941mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g