This is one of the best Instant Pot Desserts I have tried. Serve up Chocolate Strawberry Cake made right in your Instant Pot. This Instant Pot cake requires just 3 simple ingredients!
Table of contents
- Chocolate Strawberry Cake
- What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Strawberry Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Is This Instant Pot Cake A Dump Cake Recipe
- Could I Use A Different Pie Filling
- Instant Pot Supplies
- Looking for more Desserts in Instant Pot
- How To Store Leftover Chocolate Strawberry Cake
- Variations To Chocolate Strawberry Cake
- Our Latest Recipes
You have a chocolate cake mix that pairs with strawberry pie filling for one rich and decadent Instant Pot dessert.
Chocolate Strawberry Cake
This cake is great for making at a last-minute notice of unexpected guests, a quick midnight snack craving, or even for holidays, birthdays and more.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Strawberry Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Cake Mix
- Strawberry Pie Filling
As you can see you might even have all these items on hand in your kitchen and pantry. I am a sucker for storing all kinds of pie fillings and cake mixes on hand.
Is This Instant Pot Cake A Dump Cake Recipe
Not quite. You will mix in the butter with the cake mix to form a cake batter. But, a true dump cake you would slice butter on top of your cake. Then drop it in spoonfuls over the strawberry pie filling.
You will find it offers a similar flavor to a dump cake. This is one moist and rich cake that I can't get enough of.
Could I Use A Different Pie Filling
Absolutely. There are many Instant Pot desserts you can make with pie filling. If you want to change the flavor of this strawberry brownie cake, go ahead and reach for any other type of pie filling.
Cherry or a mixed berry would be a great swap.
Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Looking for more Desserts in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Cherry Cobbler | This is another pie filling Instant Pot recipe that you will love. Quick, easy, and so comforting.
- Easy Instant Pot Banana Cake | Skip banana bread and dive right into this banana cake recipe. Use up those brown bananas in a tasty way.
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cheesecake | This recipe is gonna knock your socks off. If you are a fan of chocolate and cheesecake, this recipe is screaming your name.
How To Store Leftover Chocolate Strawberry Cake
You will want to store any of your leftovers in the fridge. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-7 days. It is best when you eat this pressure cooker cake within the first few days.
After a few days, you will find it begins to dry out quite a bit. Eat it cold or toss it in the microwave for a quick reheat, for a fresh out of the oven warmth.
Variations To Chocolate Strawberry Cake
- Swap pie filling with a different flavor. Just use the same size can as called for in recipe card.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on each plate before serving.
- Scoop up some vanilla bean ice cream for a sweet pairing.
- Add fresh strawberries to the top after it is cooked, for more flavor and texture.
- Dust with some powdered sugar for an elegant presentation.