Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
This is one of the best Instant Pot Desserts I have tried.
Serve up Chocolate Strawberry Cake made right in your Instant Pot. This Instant Pot cake requires just 3 simple ingredients!
You have a chocolate cake mix that pairs with strawberry pie filling for one rich and decadent Instant Pot dessert.
Chocolate Strawberry Cake
This cake is great for making at a last-minute notice of unexpected guests, a quick midnight snack craving, or even for holidays, birthdays and more.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Strawberry Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Cake Mix
- Strawberry Pie Filling
As you can see you might even have all these items on hand in your kitchen and pantry. I am a sucker for storing all kinds of pie fillings and cake mixes on hand.
Is This Instant Pot Cake A Dump Cake Recipe
Not quite. You will mix in the butter with the cake mix to form a cake batter. But, a true dump cake you would slice butter on top of your cake. Then drop it in spoonfuls over the strawberry pie filling.
You will find it offers a similar flavor to a dump cake. This is one moist and rich cake that I can’t get enough of.
Could I Use A Different Pie Filling
Absolutely. There are many Instant Pot desserts you can make with pie filling. If you want to change the flavor of this strawberry brownie cake, go ahead and reach for any other type of pie filling.
Cherry or a mixed berry would be a great swap.
Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I’m not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Looking for more Desserts in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Cherry Cobbler | This is another pie filling Instant Pot recipe that you will love. Quick, easy, and so comforting.
- Easy Instant Pot Banana Cake | Skip banana bread and dive right into this banana cake recipe. Use up those brown bananas in a tasty way.
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cheesecake | This recipe is gonna knock your socks off. If you are a fan of chocolate and cheesecake, this recipe is screaming your name.
How To Store Leftover Chocolate Strawberry Cake
You will want to store any of your leftovers in the fridge. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-7 days. It is best when you eat this pressure cooker cake within the first few days.
After a few days, you will find it begins to dry out quite a bit. Eat it cold or toss it in the microwave for a quick reheat, for a fresh out of the oven warmth.
Variations To Chocolate Strawberry Cake
- Swap pie filling with a different flavor. Just use the same size can as called for in recipe card.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on each plate before serving.
- Scoop up some vanilla bean ice cream for a sweet pairing.
- Add fresh strawberries to the top after it is cooked, for more flavor and texture.
- Dust with some powdered sugar for an elegant presentation.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 2 21-ounce cans strawberry pie filling
- 15.25 ounce box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups water (for the Instant Pot)
- Add cherry pie filling to a casserole dish that will fit inside your pressure cooker.
- Mix melted butter with cake mix for this Instant Pot cake recipe..
- Spoon the cake mix over the cherry pie filling.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water (1 cup if using a 6 quart pressure cooker) of water to the inner pot of your Instant Pot.
- Lower the casserole dish into the inner pot onto a trivet with a sling.
- Seal and set for a high pressure time of 10 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release of 10 minutes, and then let the remaining pressure out.
- If you have an Instant Pot air fryer lid, air fry directly in the pot for 5 minutes. Otherwise, take the casserole dish out, and broil for about 5 minutes, or until the cobbler crust is a nice golden brown.
- Remove from the pot (or broiler) and serve warm with ice cream for one of the best Instant Pot desserts recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 564 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 66mg Sodium: 429mg Carbohydrates: 64g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 46g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g