Give this chicken chimichurri Instant Pot recipe a try. I created an authentic Argentian Chimichurri recipe for restaurant-quality flavor. Pile on a bun, serve it with rice, or any other way to eat this recipe.
Chicken chimichurri is loaded with fresh flavors, color, and loaded with flavors. A light and refreshing dinner or lunch to serve up.
Street foods in Argentina and Uruguay often will have an authentic chimichurri marinade sauce on them. Homemade chimichurri recetas are easy to whip up, especially when using a food processor.
Authentic chimichurri is a green sauce for steak, chicken, shrimp and so much more. It is also often served on Mexican food.
Whip up some extra chicken while you're making this recipe and enjoy our Panda Express Fried Rice later in the week.
Table of contents
- What Does Chimichurri Taste Like?
- What to Serve with Authentic Chimichurri?
- Ingredients Needed for Chimichurri Recipe
- How To Make Chicken Chimichurri In Instant Pot
- Is Chimichurri Spicy?
- Ways To Serve Up Chicken Chimichurri Recipe
- How Long Does Chimichurri Recipe Last in the Fridge?
- Can I Use Bone-In Chicken Instead of Boneless
- Interested in more Pressure Cooker Creations
- Argentinian Chimichurri Recipe
What Does Chimichurri Taste Like?
Chimichurri sauce is a very earthy and grassy flavor. You get that from all the fresh herbs that are used. Then garlic is a stand out flavor as well in this homemade sauce.
This green sauce originated in Argentina and Uruguay! If you have not tried it, don't wait any longer.
The chimichurri Argentino receta in the recipe card below is a parsley and cilantro chimichurri sauce. Argentinian chimichurri is unique because it has many combinations and flavors. However, the basis of chimichurri seasoning remains the same.
What to Serve with Authentic Chimichurri?
Grilled meats or serving with any cooked proteins or rice is what most serve their sauce with. You can use a little or a lot to serve up to your preference of flavor liking.
Supplies Used to Make Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
- Food processor | Chimichurri recipe cilantro parsley sauce mixture is blended up using the food processor. Our Ninja food processor does a great job and works well to process all the ingredients.
- Garlic press | We peeled the garlic cloves for this recipe, but if you want you could skip the peeling and use a garlic press to get the garlic out of the peel without getting your hands all garlicky.
- Steamer basket | Use a steamer basket to cook your chicken! That way you can lift the chicken out of the inner pot easily and transfer it onto a cutting board to shred the chicken for your chimichurri sandwiches.
Ingredients Needed for Chimichurri Recipe
- Chicken Broth
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive Oil
How To Make Chicken Chimichurri In Instant Pot
Skip the food trucks and make this chimichurri chicken recipe right at home!
Start by adding your chicken into the Instant Pot. Add in your chicken broth and place lid on and cook for 12 minutes with 5-minute natural release. Then quick release any remaining pressure.
Chicken not thawed out? Learn how to cook frozen chicken in the Instant Pot.
In a food processor you will want to add your parsley, oregano, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, black pepper, salt, and pepper flakes. Pulse until it forms a paste.
Stir in the oil and vinegar along with liquid smoke. Then set aside around 3 tablespoons of the sauce.
Once the chicken is done, shred the chicken. Then stir in the chimichurri sauce and serve on a Kaiser bun, over a bed of rice, or however, you want.
Is Chimichurri Spicy?
It is spicy, but it could be spicier. We remove the seeds from the jalapenos in our easy chimichurri recipe, so it's not super spicy. However, if you wanted it to be spicier, you could leave in some jalapeno seeds to increase the heat and chimichurri spice.
Ways To Serve Up Chicken Chimichurri Recipe
Cilantro and parsley chimichurri is so versatile. Here are some suggestions for how to serve it up:
- Kaiser bun (my favorite)
- With roasted vegetables
- Chimichurri rice, chimichurri shrimp, etc
How Long Does Chimichurri Recipe Last in the Fridge?
Our authentic chimichurri recipe can be stored for up to 2 weeks when refrigerated in the proper airtight container.
A magic green sauce that is so good on any and everything in your kitchen.
With the chicken mixed in, it will last around 3 days. The chicken will be the first to spoil, so you base the leftovers on that. If you make extra, it is a good idea to keep the chicken and chimichurri sauce separate to use the sauce later.
Can I Use Bone-In Chicken Instead of Boneless
Go right ahead and use a bone-in chicken in replace of the boneless. You just need to adjust the cooking time in your pressure cooker.
Bone-in chicken takes longer to cook, to ensure it fully cooks all the way through.
Interested in more Pressure Cooker Creations
Argentinian Chimichurri Recipe
This is a delicious and handy sauce recipe that can be used in many ways and on so many foods. Once you make it, you will regret that you hadn't made it even earlier.