Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. I might receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Chili Con Carne Instant Pot Recipe is one hearty and savory chili meat that is perfect for dinner tonight. Serve this chili con carne on top baked potatoes, chili dogs, and more. This Instant Pot chili recipe is so popular.
If you have never tried making Instant Pot Chili Con Carne, what are you waiting for? Trust me, you don't want to skip over this insanely delicious recipe.
What is Chili Con Carne
Chili con carne is a meaty chili that contains no beans. You will find this as a very savory meat topping that you can eat as is, pile on pasta, top a baked potato, hot dog, and more.
Depending on where you live will depend on how you decide to eat up this meaty dish.
- Ladle | A handy ladle is essential to have on hand for soups and chili recipes.
- Nonstick inner pot| I love having a nonstick inner pot. It serves double duty of having an extra pot and storage container, and having an inner pot that avoids stuck on food.
- Glass storage containers| Glass containers are the best for food storage because they are made from quality materials, reusable and durable.
How to Make Instant Pot Chili con Carne
The first step is to turn your Instant Pot to saute. Then cook your ground beef until it is no longer pink. Add in your onions to help season the beef as well and get them a bit tender.
Add in the tomato sauce, broth, and spices as directed in the printable recipe card below.
Cook as directed and then do a quick release of pressure. Give a good stir and you have an insanely meaty and delicious chili.
How Can You Cook For Zero Minutes
The pressure cooker takes anywhere from 10-15 minutes for it to come to pressure. In that time it is going to help infuse the flavors. So, it technically needs a 0 minute cook time.
But as the pressure rises it will help to infuse the spices into the meat to give you that slow simmered flavor you are hoping for.
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It'll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
Best Meat for Chili Con Carne Instant Pot
I used ground beef this time, but like the spices, you can adjust to fit your palate. Ground turkey, chicken, bison, venison, and more all can be swapped in.
If you are using leaner meat you might find adding 1/2 teaspoon of oil can help prevent the meat from sticking as much to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Storing Chili Con Carne Instant Pot Recipe
To store leftover chili you will want to place in an airtight container. Store in the fridge for a few days. Or opt to toss in the freezer to save back for later on.
If you freeze just make to store it properly. You can store the chili meat for 3-4 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or heat it up on low on the stovetop from frozen. I would add in a little water or stock if you heat from frozen to help prevent it from burning.
Craving More Instant Pot Dinner Ideas
Easy Meat Chili Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 to 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, depending on level of spice desired
- Turn on sauté mode on the Instant Pot.
- Add the olive oil and onions. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in ground beef and cook until ground beef has browned.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and stir.
- Add seasonings.
- Pour in the beef broth.
- Turn the sauté mode off and close the lid on the Instant Pot. Turn the pressure valve to sealing.
- Set the Chili con Carne Instant Pot recipe to a high pressure cooking time of ZERO minutes. This will be just enough time for the pot to come to pressure and the seasonings to become enhanced.
- When the pot comes to pressure and beeps, do a quick pressure release.
- Take the lid off when all the pressure is released and stir the ground beef chili to combine all the ingredients evenly.
- Top with optional garnishes like sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and green onions.
- Use the Chili con Carne Instant Pot recipe as a topping for baked potatoes, chili dogs, or corn bread.
- Use a combination of ground beef and beef chuck for a different flavor and texture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 644mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 45g