Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole with rice is the ultimate Instant Pot chicken recipe. You have tender rice, corn, black beans, shreds of chicken or turkey in every single bite.
This chicken and cheese enchilada casserole is a great recipe to whip up any night of the week. Simple, hearty, and bursting with Tex-Mex Flavor. Also, this can be a turkey and rice casserole if you swap the meat.
Table of contents
This chicken enchilada casserole recipe is crazy simple to make and takes just 10 minutes of cook time with a natural release.
I love a good chicken and rice recipe. But when you add the enchilada spin it easily becomes a favorite. This is a great chicken breast recipe!
Why Make This Chicken/Turkey Enchilada Casserole In Instant Pot...
- Quick and Easy
- Hands-off approach
- Can use chicken or turkey meat
- Less energy than stove-top
- One-pot dish
- Chicken or Turkey
- Chili Beans
- Enchilada Sauce
- Chicken Broth
- Shredded Cheese
Useful Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
How to Make
Full directions for this instant pot enchilada casserole, are in the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: Take all your ingredients except the cheese, into the Instant Pot.
Step 2: Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Pressure cook for 10 minutes on manual high pressure.
Step 3: Quick release and remove the chicken and shred. Return the chicken to the pot, and add in the cheese and serve up a delicious chicken enchilada casserole.
And you can make this into a turkey enchilada casserole by cooking up ground turkey in replace of the chicken.
Toppings For Enchilada Casserole
- Sour cream
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Salsa or Pico De Gallo
- And More
You can add all your favorite enchilada toppings onto your casserole! You might even love to squeeze on some fresh lime juice.
If you have any enchilada turkey or chicken casserole left simply store in the fridge for up to three days.
Then when you want to reheat just place some on a plate or in a bowl and reheat in the microwave. Or you can warm up on the stove in a skillet.
I use white long grain rice for this recipe. You will find if you swap it out with say brown rice you will need to adjust the water ratio along with cook time.
Long grain rice works great and will soak up the liquid and cook in this time frame. So always know if you change the rice variety it will affect the recipe.
Yes, you absolutely can. If you have some chicken that is already cooked feel free to toss in and still cook accordingly. You need the longer cook time to ensure your rice gets tender and fully cooked.
This chicken recipe has a 10 minute cook time, with a quick release. Now, you have to remember when you cook with the Instant Pot you have to allow time for your pot to pressurize.
This can take around 8-12 minutes to pressurize so always take that into account. If the food is frozen it can go up to 20 minutes to come to pressure.
Once cooked, take a baking dish and layer some of the mixture, top with a tortilla, and then a layer of cheese. Repeat to create a layered casserole.
This chicken rice enchilada casserole is an easy and delicious dinner you can pair with refried beans, pico de gallo, and more. Give it a try and let me know what you use.
Searching For More Chicken Instant Pot Recipes
- Hawaiin Chicken | A sweet and savory chicken recipe that tastes better than any ordering takeout.
- Buffalo Chicken | If you enjoy a little spice in your recipe, enjoy this buffalo Instant Pot recipe.
- Chicken And Artichoke Dinner | One hearty and savory dinner that is loaded with artichokes, mushrooms, and more.
- Walking Chicken Tacos - Easy, flavorful, and a tasty walking taco.
See More of Our Latest Posts
- Want to Easily Make Korean Ground Beef Recipe for the Instant Pot? Newly Obsessed!
- How to Convert from the US Measurements to the Metric System
- Why You Absolutely Need to Try This Delicious Chicken Parmesan Air Fryer Recipe
- Learn How to Easily Make This Amazing Instant Pot Steak
- Garlic Naan Recipe - How to Make Naan Bread
Let me know how you like this chicken enchilada rice!