Have you made chicken parmesan in your air fryer yet? Crispy coated chicken breast that is then topped with marinara and shredded cheese. Give this air fryer chicken parmesan recipe a try.
Learn how to make chicken parmesan, that tastes just as good as your favorite restaurant. You will love this chicken parm recipe.
Whether you have boneless chicken thighs or breast on hand, this recipe is a great one to consider. Air fryer chicken that is crispy batter coated, and topped with melted cheese and sauce.
Great for a weeknight dinner or date night staying in.
Why You Will Love This Chicken Parmesan...
- Restaurant Quality
- Crispy Coating
- Delicious Melted Mozzarella
- Make in any style air fryer you own
- You can bake in the oven as well
- Nature's Seasonings
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Marinara Sauce
How to Make
Full directions for this air fryer chicken parm are in the recipe card below.
First thing is to add seasoning to your cornstarch and mix. You will then dredge your chicken in the mixture.
Now in a small bowl create your egg wash. Then dip the chicken in the egg mixture.
In a new bowl add your breadcrumbs, parsley, and parmesan. Dredge one more time and place on your air fryer rack or basket.
Air Fry as directed, and then at the end of cooking, top with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Once the air-fried chicken parmesan is done, serve and enjoy.
Refrigerate Chicken Parmesan: Now, if you don't eat all your chicken, go right ahead and store it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat chicken parm: Just reheat in the microwave or even in the oven or air fryer to reheat. You want to just warm the chicken until it is fully warmed.
Can you freeze chicken parmesan: You can freeze the chicken if you want, just allow it to fully cool, then freeze for 2-3 months.
Tips and Variations
Here are some tips about this air fryer chicken breast recipe.
- You can use classic breadcrumbs if you can't access Panko or don't have them on hand.
- Make sure to leave space in between each chicken breast to get an even cook of the chicken.
- If you are finding the coating is not turning golden brown spritz with oil.
- It is recommended to use an oil mister instead of a cooking spray as the cooking spray can eat away the enamel on the tray.
- You can make this a baked chicken parmesan by cooking at 375 degrees until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Chicken needs to reach 165 degrees internally to be fully cooked.
Not sure what to serve with chicken parm? Consider adding a side of pasta, salad, veggies, mashed potatoes, etc. Or if you are a low-carb dieter, reach for zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
Grab a meat thermometer and make sure the internal temperature reads 165 degrees. Just stick the meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the chicken for an accurate reading.
You will see for this recipe I made chicken parmesan without flour. This is a gluten-free recipe if you opt for gluten-free ingredients. Otherwise, just buy any brand you prefer at the grocery store.
More Chicken Recipes
And, if you like pasta, you might like this one pot taco pasta. You can switch it up and add chicken. Easy peasy!