Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. I might receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Looking for a simple soup recipe that is ready in less than 30 minutes of time? This Chicken Florentine Soup in the Instant Pot is just what you need. It's hearty, delicious, and simple!
This creamy soup is packed full of chicken, tomato, and spinach. And those are just a few of the tasty ingredients! This Instant Pot soup recipe is loaded with so much flavor!
If you're ready for homemade soups because of the cooler weather coming in, get a load of this Instant Pot dish. Not only does it serve quite the crowd but there's usually enough leftover for the next day as well.
This simple soup recipe is great for a lazy weekend or home or is a great addition to any tailgate or winter-themed party. Be certain to serve it with a glass of our Instant Pot Peach Iced Tea.
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
What is Chicken Florentine Soup?
It's a hearty soup recipe that has a lot of tasty ingredients in it such as beans, mushrooms, garlic, and more. It's typically served during the winter months due to the fact that it's a heartier soup as well.
Storage Ideas and Suggestions
Since this soup recipe makes a large batch, you're going to have some remaining to store for later.
The best way to store this Instant Pot chicken soup recipe is to put it into a container and keep it in the fridge. This will keep it as fresh as possible for several days.
If after a couple of days you still have some remaining, put the container of soup into the freezer to freeze for later.
Can this soup be made with chicken?
It can but it's really going to alter the taste and flavor. Since chicken is one of the main ingredients and is in the title, you know that it's a key component of the recipe.
You can omit it if you want but I have a feeling that you'll be adding it back in to make it more hearty.
Toppings for this Creamy Chicken Florentine Soup
While this simple soup recipe is wonderful on its own, adding toppings is always fun. You can easily add on some fresh parmesan cheese or even some toasted homemade croutons as well.
I also think that added on chives and cilantro make for a great taste and flavor as well. Anything that you're craving, you can easily add as a topping!
What side dishes go well with soup?
While soup might seem like a complete meal in its own right, think about some simple side dishes that you can serve with it as well.
Salads are always a great option and go well with any type of soup. Homemade bread is also another great option for soup recipes as well.
And if you really can't think of a side dish that you want to have with your soup, it's okay to sometimes just skip right to dessert and enjoy that option as well!
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2 cups water
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1½ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup baby arugula
- ½ cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- Soak sundried tomatoes in 2 cups of water for about 30 minutes.. Once soft, chop into small pieces and reserve the liquid to use later.
- Drain and rinse one can of beans.
- Puree the drained can of beans with the second (undrained) can of beans with liquid in a blender. Set aside for later.
- Allow heavy cream to reach room temperature.
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot inner pot and press Saute. Add the garlic and onion. Cook while stirring until the onion is soft. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth into the Instant Pot and scrape the brown bits off the bottom. Add in the tomatoes and liquid, the white beans, and also the mushrooms, and Italian seasoning. Stir.
- Add the chicken breasts to the liquid and put on the lid. Lock into place and put the pressure valve to the sealing position.
- Press the manual button and put the heat to high. Adjust the time to cook for 10 minutes.
- Once done cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Once done, flip the pressure valve to venting.
- Once the pressure finishes releasing, open the lid and add in the spinach, arugula, heavy cream, and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until you notice that the greens are wilted and the cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Air Fryer, Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Sous Vide, Roast, Bake, Broil, and Warmer|8 Quart|11 One-Touch Programs
HIC Souffle, Fine White Porcelain, 7.5-Inch, 48-Ounce, 1.5-Quarts Capacity
Taylor Precision Products Splash-Proof Dual Temperature Infrared/Thermocouple Thermometer
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 547Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 974mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 11gSugar: 5gProtein: 55g