Looking for a fun spin on regular ol' soup? This Chicken Fajita Soup recipe is just what you need. It's added flavor and ingredients take it over the top and it even leaves it open to make it spicy as well. Add in heat or not and make this Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup recipe all your own!
Table of contents
Chicken Fajita Soup in the Instant Pot
One of the best things that this fajita soup recipe is that it's really, really simple. And it literally takes about 30 minutes of time to prep and cook. That's it.
To be able to have a hearty and delicious soup that fast is insanely awesome and I can't wait to hear what you think about the flavor.
Main Ingredients Needed for Chicken Fajita Soup
This is the list of simple ingredients you'll need for this easy Instant Pot soup recipe. (You can find the full measurements and printable recipe below.)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Poblano pepper
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Chicken breasts
- Fire-roasted tomatoes
- Chicken broth
- Ground cumin
- Chili powder
- Mexican oregano
- Garlic powder
- Black beans
- Lime juice
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Fresh cilantro
What to Serve With This Fajita Soup Recipe
Can we all just agree that toppings are some of the best parts of soup? I love the warmness and creaminess of soup but I also love toppings as well.
Some great topping choices can be:
- Shredded cheese
- Sliced avocado
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- French Onion
- Diced jalapenos
And more! You can literally change the way that every bowl of soup tastes just by the toppings that you choose to add.
Instant Pot Soup Recipe Supplies
- White Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 | This is my choice of Instant Pot because I love the ease and how it looks.
- White soup bowls | I love the bright color and how versatile they are.
- Fresh cracked pepper | Fresh cracked pepper adds a whole other flavor enhancer to this dish.
What to Eat with Chicken Fajita Soup
Even though this is a hearty meal on its own, you can easily pair this up with a nice side of Instant Pot Spanish Rice. It's a simple way to make it an even more hearty meal for your tummy.
Another great option is a side salad that takes minimal effort to make. We've also made noodles that the kids love to eat and put into the soup as well.
Want Even More Easy Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup - Check out this delicious soup that really does taste like a cheeseburger!
- Ham Potato Soup - The large chunks of ham is a simple way to get that tasty ham and potato flavoring.
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup - Perfect for a chilly day or a great way to make you feel better when you might be feeling under the weather.
- Instant Pot Bean Soup - Some people don't like beans in their soup but some people do and this is the soup for them!