Sharing is caring!
Looking for a fun spin on regular ol' soup? This Chicken Fajita Soup recipe is just what you need. It's added flavor and ingredients take it over the top and it even leaves it open to make it spicy as well. Add in heat or not and make this Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup recipe all your own!
Table of contents
Chicken Fajita Soup in the Instant Pot
One of the best things that this fajita soup recipe is that it's really, really simple. And it literally takes about 30 minutes of time to prep and cook. That's it.
To be able to have a hearty and delicious soup that fast is insanely awesome and I can't wait to hear what you think about the flavor.
Main Ingredients Needed for Chicken Fajita Soup
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Poblano pepper
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Chicken breasts
- Fire-roasted tomatoes
- Chicken broth
- Ground cumin
- Chili powder
- Mexican oregano
- Garlic powder
- Black beans
- Lime juice
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Fresh cilantro
What to Serve With This Fajita Soup Recipe
Can we all just agree that toppings are some of the best parts of soup? I love the warmness and creaminess of soup but I also love toppings as well.
Some great topping choices can be:
- Shredded cheese
- Sliced avocado
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- French Onion
- Diced jalapenos
And more! You can literally change the way that every bowl of soup tastes just by the toppings that you choose to add.
Instant Pot Soup Recipe Supplies
- White Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 | This is my choice of Instant Pot because I love the ease and how it looks.
- White soup bowls | I love the bright color and how versatile they are.
- Fresh cracked pepper | Fresh cracked pepper adds a whole other flavor enhancer to this dish.
What to Eat with Chicken Fajita Soup
Even though this is a hearty meal on its own, you can easily pair this up with a nice side of Instant Pot Spanish Rice. It's a simple way to make it an even more hearty meal for your tummy.
Another great option is a side salad that takes minimal effort to make. We've also made noodles that the kids love to eat and put into the soup as well.
Want Even More Easy Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup - Check out this delicious soup that really does taste like a cheeseburger!
- Ham Potato Soup - The large chunks of ham is a simple way to get that tasty ham and potato flavoring.
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup - Perfect for a chilly day or a great way to make you feel better when you might be feeling under the weather.
- Instant Pot Bean Soup - Some people don't like beans in their soup but some people do and this is the soup for them!
Supplies to make the best Chicken Fajita Soup
- Silicone ladle and cooking utensil set
- Lunch soup thermos
- Large soup spoons (stainless steel)
- Soup bowls
- Soup containers with lids
- Instant Pot DUO
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
- Avocado Slicer
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium Poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1½ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 14-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, keep the liquid
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Optional Southwest Chicken Soup Garnishes
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot and hit the Sauté button. Put on high and add onion, bell peppers, and Poblano pepper. Stir continually until they get a bit of color, about 4-5 minutes. Switch to off and put veggies in a bowl for later.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Put in the Instant Pot and top with the tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, Mexican oregano, and garlic powder. Stir together.
- Put on the lid and put the pressure valve to sealing. Push manual on high and cook for 10 minutes. When done, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Then quick release any pressure left.
- Take off the lid, shred chicken. Add in the sautéed veggies, lime juice, and black beans. Stir.
- Let the Southwestern Chicken Fajita Soup sit on warm for several minutes until the beans and veggies reheat.
- Garnish with optional toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 Quart
Simply Gourmet Measuring Cups and Spoons Set - Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set for Cooking & Baking, Set of 15.
Latent Epicure Battery Operated Salt and Pepper Grinder Set (Pack of 2 Mills) - Complimentary Mill Rest | Bright Light | Adjustable Coarseness |
OXO Good Grips 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer - Green
EasyShopForEveryone Stainless Steel Flan Mold, Ergonomic Handle for Safe and Easy Lifting, Pressure Cooker Accessories 6qt Compatible with Instant Pot 6,8 Qt, Ninja Foodi, Round Cake Pan - MEDIUM
HIC Souffle, Fine White Porcelain, 7.5-Inch, 48-Ounce, 1.5-Quarts Capacity
HULISEN 3-7/8" and 1-5/8" Tall Trivet Rack Stand, Heavy Duty 18/8 Stainless Steel Multifunction Basket, Pressure Cooker Steam Rack
Amount Per Serving Calories 514Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 107mgSodium 1308mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 14gSugar 5gProtein 47g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!