Whip up this Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowl in the Instant Pot! Skip ordering takeout and make a homemade burrito bowl that is loaded with Tex-Mex flavor. Seasoned chicken, rice, sweet corn in more in one incredible chicken and rice bowl.
Table of contents
- Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowl
- Ingredients Needed for This Instant Pot Rice Bowl
- How to Make
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Kitchen Tools
- What Is The Best Rice To Use for Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowl
- Storing Leftovers
- Can I Use Ground Chicken for a Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowl
- Here Are More Tasty Dinner Ideas
Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowl
Have you cooked rice in your Instant Pot? It is a great way to get that tender and fluffy rice every single time. No more headache or stress of cooking your rice properly!
Ingredients Needed for This Instant Pot Rice Bowl
- Diced Chicken
- Black Beans
- Chicken Stock
All the items used in this pressure cooker rice and chicken bowl uses simple and easy ingredients. Raid your pantry and fridge and find all the essentials you need.
How to Make
Sauté | Add in our oil and onions and sauté until the onions are softened and break down a bit. Then you will stir in the garlic and mix until fragrant.
Cook | Now add in your chicken stock and stir well to remove any stuck-on bits. Then add in the rest of the ingredients listed below. Once all the ingredients are added, cook for 10 minutes on high followed by a quick release.
Stir and Serve | Mix well and serve up with your favorite toppings. More shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, etc.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Kitchen Tools
- Rice strainer | Cooking rice in a pressure cooker means rinsing rice is a critical step in the process. This rice strainer is ideal because it has fine holes in it so the grains of rice won't slip through. You could also use it for rinsing split peas or other small ingredients that regular colanders don't work for.
- Meat cleaver | A good butcher knife is a must have in the kitchen. If you cook meat, a meat cleaver is the way to go. This meat cleaver is really good quality and built to last.
- Chilled condiment serving station | Serving food with a variety of condiment options? Not everyone likes the same toppings. For this recipe, you could have a variety of cheese, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, avocado and more. Toss in some cilantro and green onions to round out your garnish selections.
- Indoor herb growing kit | If you use a lot of fresh herbs and/or lettuce, and indoor growing kit is the perfect thing to have on hand. Look at it as an investment, or a way to grow your own food indoors. I'm doing this myself because it is ideal for apartment living.
What Is The Best Rice To Use for Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowl
I recommend using medium or long-grain white rice. If you swap out the rice you need to make sure the cooking time and liquid to rice ratio are proper.
Items like brown rice require a different method, so make sure if you do a swap, you convert the recipe.
This Instant Pot chicken burrito bowl is really great leftover. The flavors blend even more, so the next day you have a super tasty lunch to heat up.
You can heat leftovers in the microwave for a quick reheat. Or if you do the stovetop I suggest adding in a splash of chicken stock to help ensure the rice doesn't dry out as it heats up.
Can I Use Ground Chicken for a Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowl
If you want you can swap cubed raw chicken with a ground chicken. Just toss your chicken in when you saute the onions and cook until the ground chicken is fully cooked.
Then move on to the next steps in this Instant Pot Mexican burrito bowl recipe.
Here Are More Tasty Dinner Ideas
- Tuna Noodle Casserole | Here is a really budget-friendly dinner idea that is simple but totally comforting. Whip this up and feed your family.
- Chicken Teriyaki | Whip up this simple chicken Instant Pot recipe for dinner. This is a must make for a simple weeknight meal.
- Chicken Chow Mein | Here you have a great dinner idea that is loaded with vegetables, pasta, and tender seasoned chicken.