Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Ready to fall in love with a tasty dinner recipe that takes just minutes to make? This Chicken and Dumplings in the Instant Pot recipe is about to be your new favorite hearty meal! Grab and spoon and dig in. It’s not doing to last long!
INSTANT POT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
Chicken and dumplings are just one of those comfort meals that will take you to flavor town fast. Everyone probably has fond memories of some form of chicken and dumplings growing up and this recipe is one of my favorites.
I love the texture of the soft dumplings with the added vegetables. It’s one of the go-to comfort foods that I know that I can rely on time and time again. Seriously, this recipe never lets me down.
I think you’ll agree that this is probably one of the easiest ways to make chicken and dumplings, ever!
How To Make
Start by turning on your Instant Pot to saute mode. Once it heats up, add in the oil and put in the onion. Mix the onion for about 3 minutes stirring constantly.
Once the onion is cooked, add in the carrots and garlic. Mix well. You’ll need to keep stirring so it doesn’t burn.
Once well mixed, put in your chicken, broth, pepper, poultry seasoning, nature seasoning, and salt. Mix well. Let this mixture cook for about 5 minutes.
Once the 5 minutes is done, drop each portion of the biscuit on the broth and don’t mix.
Seal the lid and move the valve away from you to love in the pressure. Hit cancel on the Instant Pot. Then set it to high pressure for 8 minutes. Once that time passes, let it naturally release and be patient – this can be anywhere from 10-15 minutes.
After all the pressure has been released naturally, open up the lid. Stir the soup.
Put frozen peas in with your heavy cream. Mix.
If the soup is too thin, add in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch at a time. Stir and see if it needs more.
How do you store leftover chicken and dumplings in the Instant Pot?
The easiest way to store your leftover chicken and dumplings is to store it in a container with a lid and keep it cool in the fridge. It should last for a few days without issue and be tasty and ready to eat.
Check out there other Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings with Sticky Sauce
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Rice
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Leek Soup
- more Chicken recipes
Supplies for Chicken and Dumplings in the Instant Pot
Can you add other vegetables to chicken and dumplings?
You can if you want. The most common vegetables are carrots and peas but if you want to tweak it and add in some frozen corn and broccoli, go for it! It can only add more health advantages to the recipe!
Can you overcook dumplings?
You can but using your Instant Pot should help with this issue. Just follow the easy directions below and be certain to cook it as written.
Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts diced into 1" pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Nature’s Seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- 6-ounces refrigerated canned biscuits, each biscuit cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup frozen carrots and peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Cornstarch, (optional to thicken soup)
- Chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, (optional for garnish)
- Start by turning on the Instant Pot to sauté mode. When it heats up, add in oil and onion. Sauté the onion for about 3 minutes, while stirring constantly.
- After the onion has cooked, add in the carrots and garlic. Mix well and sauté for another 2-3 minutes, while stirring to prevent burning.
- Add in the broth a little at a time, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze the pan.
- Add in chicken, pepper, poultry seasoning, Nature seasoning, and salt. Stir well. Let this mixture cook on sauté mode for about 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes cooking time finishes, drop the biscuit pieces into the broth and don't mix.
- Hit cancel on the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set the pressure valve to sealing. Set to a high pressure cooking time of 8 minutes. After the cooking time is done, allow for a natural pressure release, which will be between 10-15 minutes.
- When the pressure is finished releasing, open up the Instant Pot and stir the soup.
- Add in frozen peas and heavy cream and stir. If the soup is too thin, add in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch at a time. Stir and see if it needs more.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Noodle Serving Spoon Perfectly Lifts, and Drains Long Noodles and Zoodles
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Air Fryer, Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Sous Vide, Roast, Bake, Broil, and Warmer|8 Quart|11 One-Touch Programs
HIC Souffle, Fine White Porcelain, 7.5-Inch, 48-Ounce, 1.5-Quarts Capacity
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 505Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 1071mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 22g