Sharing is caring!
This Instant Pot Ranchero Beans (or charro beans) dish will quickly become a staple in your home. This versatile dish works well as a stand-alone meal, side dish with tacos or fajitas, and works well with rice.
Within just 30 minutes you’ll have a delicious bowl of Instant Pot Ranchero Beans to enjoy. You’ll enjoy the sight kick of spice combined with the familiar texture of pinto beans and black beans.
How can I speed up soaking beans?
Since this Instant Pot recipe calls for dried pinto beans and dried black beans, you don't need to soak the beans at all.
For this recipe, rinse and sort the beans before adding them to the inner pot.
When you're making recipes that DO require soaking beans, there are a few easy ways to speed up that process.
The best way to speed up soaking beans is to quick-soak them using this method:
- Boil the beans in water over high heat.
- Cook the beans for about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, and soak covered for one hour.
- You can then use a colander to drain the beans for your Instant Pot Ranchero Beans recipe.
Don't Forget to Learn How to Keep Your Instant Pot Clean
Does adding vinegar to beans reduce gas?
Some people swear that adding just a splash of apple cider vinegar to your dried beans during their soak time will help break down the indigestible sugars found in beans.
This will help your body digest the beans and reduce the gas that comes after eating a bean-based Instant Pot meal.
Beans are one of those budget-friendly options for families looking to save money on food. This pressure cooker Ranchero Beans recipe is low-cost and super quick to make.
You’ll enjoy getting a delicious meal or side dish out of this pressure cooker recipe while feeling great about getting your daily fiber in.
Beans have been proven to help with digestive issues, weight loss, and so many other excellent health benefits.
I love creating versatile instant pot recipes. This is truly a fun Mexican-inspired option that can be served at mealtime for the main course, a side dish on taco night, or grab some rice and serve it alongside your Instant Pot Ranchero Beans.
Many of the instant pot ranchero bean recipes I’ve found feature pinto beans, but I like adding black beans. This addition helps provide an extra rich and hearty flavor to my Instant Pot Ranchero Beans recipe.
Try These Instant Pot Bean Recipes
- Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice
- Instant Pot Black Beans
- Instant Pot 7 Bean BBQ Baked Beans
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- Instant Pot Green Beans
What spices to add to beans?
There are many spices you can add to beans. For my pressure cooker charro beans, I include chili powder, paprika, ground cumin, black pepper, salt, and cilantro leaves to add extra flavor to this Mexican-inspired Instant Pot dish.
How do you cook dried beans in an instant pot?
You’ll notice that this recipe calls for dried beans. You’ll want both dried pinto and black beans.
The Instant Pot is a perfectly safe place to cook dried beans.
The dried beans are cooked quickly in the Instant Pot and mixed with the ingredients found below to make this versatile recipe.
If you’re ready to cook dried beans in an Instant Pot for a delicious bowl of Ranchero Beans, then continue reading to learn how to make this Instant Pot recipe today.
How do I make Instant Pot Ranchero Beans?
Gather up the ingredients listed below, set aside half an hour of your time, and follow my step-by-step instructions to whip up your Ranchero Beans.
Supplies for the Best Instant Pot Ranchero Beans
Ingredients to make an easy and delicious Instant Pot Ranchero Beans - Charro Beans
- 1 cup Dry Black Beans, rinsed and sorted
- 1 cup Dry Pinto Beans, rinsed and sorted
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dry Cilantro Leaves
- 1 can (10 ounces) Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- (you can use chicken broth for non-vegetarian option)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot. Close the lid and set the pressure valve to sealing. Set for a manual high temperature for 45 minutes. It will take about 10-15 minutes for the pot to reach pressure.
- Allow for a natural pressure release for 30 minutes, and then release any remaining pressure.
Variations to Ranchero Beans Recipe
- For a non-vegetarian recipe, you can add sausages, ham, bacon, or chicken breast chopped into small bite pieces.
- Some people like to add chicharrones or beer to give the recipe a different and special flavor.
- If you prefer a thicker consistency you can add corn starch to thicken the soup.
- In case you want a spicier taste, you can add Chipotle Sauce or Jalapeños before cooking the beans.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
enowo Chef Knife Ultra Sharp Kitchen Knife Set 3 PCS,Premium German Stainless Steel Knife with Finger Guard Clad Dimple,Ergonomic Handle and Gift Box
Large Organic Bamboo Cutting Board For Kitchen, With 3 Built-In Compartments And Juice Grooves, Heavy Duty Chopping Board For Meats Bread Fruits, Butcher Block, Carving Board, BPA Free…
Wooden Spoons for Cooking,Nonstick Kitchen Utensil Set,Wooden Spoons Cooking Utensil Set Non Scratch Natural Teak Wooden Utensils for Cooking(Teak 8 Pack)
Modern Silicone Spoon Rests (Set of 3) | Kitchen Utensil Holders | Quality Material | BPA Free | Counter Spatula Holder | Stovetop Spoon Rest
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 Quart
Amount Per Serving Calories 190Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 814mgCarbohydrates 35gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 8gSugar 2gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 11g
- How Many Ounces Are in a Barrel of Beer?
- Is Oatmeal Good for Upset Stomach? Uncovering Soothing Foods for Digestive Woes
- Crockpot Guinness Beer Pot Roast
- 15 Bean Soup Crockpot Recipe
- Can You Put Frozen Ground Turkey in Crock Pot: Safe Cooking Tips Revealed
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!