Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
A fragrant and flavor packed instant pot chicken legs recipe to whip up for a quick, no-fuss dinner.
Creating healthy, wholesome meals for the entire family can be a task sometimes, and if you can relate, here’s just the recipe for you.
Using your instant pot, you can recreate this delicious Instant Pot Chicken legs recipe that everyone will love and gobble down happily.
It uses simple ingredients, an easy cooking process, and is literally one of the easiest home cooked meals you can try your hands at.
Best of all, you just need a handful of supplies that you probably already have in your pantry- so no trips to the supermarket needed!
Can I Try Other Marinades?
Whether you’re missing out on an ingredient or two that makes up these wonderful chicken legs, or just have a spice mix or idea that you want to try out, you can actually go ahead and experiment your heart out with the marinades.
In fact, you can also create this in small batches, each with different marinades and stored in different individual ziploc bags, and pop them in the freezer to be used the next time. Easy peasy!
Just remember to let it marinade for at least a couple of hours in the refrigerator, if not more. That way, all the delicious flavors of the spices really sink into the meat, and it gives the chicken a more intense taste.
Essential Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I’m not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
How Do I Make it Healthier?
On a healthy eating spree? Looking for some good ways to take this already healthy and protein packed meal up a notch?
Depending on what you’re serving these chicken legs with, you can have some roasted veggies on the side- think onions, zucchini, bell peppers, baby corn etc.
You can also prepare a quick coleslaw or a simple salad with Ranch dressing to contrast the flavors of the chicken- it can make the entire meal taste absolutely phenomenal and is also super healthy.
You can also serve some sliced hard boiled eggs on the side if you’re hunting for a way to make this meal even more protein rich.
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It’ll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
Chicken, being super versatile that it is, can be teamed up with pretty much anything. You can pair this chicken with a bowlful of steamed rice, pasta or even roasted potatoes- they taste incredible with them all.
Another excellent idea is to recreate the same recipe with rotisserie chicken- only use the other ingredients as a sort of rub or seasoning over it, and then shred it and mix it into your simple pasta to take the flavors up a notch.
If you have a little time, you can also toss the cooked rice with some chopped cilantro leaves, a little melted butter and a nice squeeze of lemon juice.
instant pot chicken legs, chicken legs instant pot, rosemary chicken, chicken legs recipes, quick and easy chicken recipes, easy chicken recipes for dinner with few ingredients, easy chicken dinner recipes
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes to Try
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings with Sticky Sauce
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Rice
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Leek Soup
- more Chicken recipes
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 8 chicken legs
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 large white onion
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Optional: white rice for serving
1. In a small bowl, mix together the cayenne pepper, salt, honey, olive oil and crushed garlic.
2. Wash the chicken and make small cuts in the surface of the pieces.
3. Marinade the chicken in a large Ziploc bag with the marinade mix and seal tightly. Let sit in the fridge for two hours or just until all of the other ingredients are ready to go.
4. Cut the onion into long thin strips and cut the lemon into thin slices as well.
5. Set your instant pot to sauté mode and add half of the butter to the pot.
6. Remove the chicken from the fridge and take the pieces out of the bag, leaving the marinade in the bag for later.
7. Fry the chicken on each side for two to three minutes or until the chicken skin crisps up and turns a light golden or dark brown color.
8. Remove the chicken from the instant pot and set aside.
9. Add the remaining butter and the onions to the instant pot and sauté for one to two minutes, until the onions become tender and translucent.
10. Turn the instant pot off and let sit for a minute before turning it back on.
11. Add the chicken to the pot on top of the onions and pour the rest of marinade over the chicken.
12. Add the rosemary sprigs and lemon slices.
13. Cover the instant pot with the lid and set it to manual mode with seven minutes cook time and let cook.
14. Release the pressure and remove the lid. Set to sauté mode again until the juices from the marinade and chicken have thickened.
15. Turn the instant pot off and let the chicken cool a bit before serving to allow the honey to thicken up. Serve with white rice or butter pasta!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 781Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 389mgSodium: 705mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 63g
More Recent Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chili Recipe- Best Award Winning Chili Recipe
- How to Make Fried Oreos with an Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid
- Mushroom Barley Soup Recipe for Instant Pot
- New England Clam Chowder Recipe Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Meatloaf – A Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- Semi Homemade Pop Tarts Instant Pot
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Creamer – Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- How to Make Chicken Chili in the Instant Pot
- Caramel Pecan Cheesecake – Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe