Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Craving carrot cake? Whip up these carrot cake truffles with a few ingredients and your Instant Pot! Cake truffles are so easy, grab a box of carrot cake and a few other supplies and get to baking.
This carrot cake recipe is so easy, and you can whip these up for holiday entertaining, a weeknight dessert, or even for a bake sale! This is the best carrot cake recipe!
Carrot Cake Truffles
You all know I love Instant Pot cake! So I wanted to take a little spin on cake, and transform this cake mix recipe. I hope you enjoy these truffles as much as we have.
How to Make
Cake Batter | Follow the directions to make a cake batter and pour and cook in the pressure as directed. This is very straightforward since you are using a carrot cake boxed cake mix.
Mixing Into Cake Truffles | Once your cake is cooled you will mix with the cream cheese frosting. Use a cookie scoop and roll into round balls.
Dipping | Dip your cake truffles in white chocolate, drizzle over the top, and top with nuts. You can decorate your carrot cake bites however you would like.
Variations To Carrot Cake Truffles Recipe
- Consider making a homemade carrot cake instead of box
- Add in some freshly shredded carrots for texture
- Put truffles on a stick and dip into chocolate to transform to a cake pop
- Decorate differently with sprinkles for Easter, etc
Can I Make This Recipe With A Different Flavor Of Cake
Essentially you can make this recipe with any type of cake mix you would like. I am a huge fan of carrot cake (like this Carrot Cake Cheesecake recipe) but even a vanilla, chocolate, or gingerbread would be awesome.
Depending on the time of year, or holiday approaching change it up and create truffles for all year round.
Looking For More Instant Pot Desserts
- Pumpkin Cake with Caramel | Do you enjoy pumpkin desserts? If so this cake recipe here is loaded with all the flavors of fall. Warm pumpkin, sweet icing, and moist, and delicious.
- S’mores Cheesecake | Here is a cheesecake that brings you all the flavors of the famous s’ mores. Graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate all made into a decadent cheesecake.
- 7-Up Cake | Moist, light, and loaded with citrus flavor. This is one of my favorite Instant Pot cake recipes! The lemon flavor stands out in every single bite.
Best Way To Store Carrot Cake Truffles
Since there is cream cheese in these truffle bites, they need to be refrigerated. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge. I put parchment paper in between layers if I stack, to help prevent the cake truffles from sticking together.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- Combine the carrot cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil and the water.
- Line the bottom of a spring-form pan with a circle of parchment paper. Spray the bottom and sides of the pan with non-stick cooking spray, and then pour in the cake mix. Cover the pan with a paper towel and aluminum foil over that so that it tightly seals around the top of the pan.
- Add a cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Put the spring-form pan on the trivet and lower into the Instant Pot.
- Seal the Instant Pot lid and set the pot to high pressure for one hour.
- Next, make the frosting my mixing the cream cheese and butter, being careful to not over mix. Add in the vanilla and mix that in. Then add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time until the perfect consistency is achieved.
- When the cake has finished cooking, do a manual release for 10 minutes and then let the remaining pressure out.
- Let the cake cool on a cooling rack, and then transfer it to a bowl and break the cake into crumbles with a fork.
- Add the cream cheese frosting to the cake crumbles and mix together until it forms a ball and is mixed together good.
- Form bite sized cake balls out of the crumbled mixture. Set the cake balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and freeze for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, melt together the chocolate and vegetable oil. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time.
- Coat the cake balls and cover them completely in the white chocolate, dip them halfway, or lightly drizzle. You can top them with pecan bits or eat them as is.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g