Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
A creamy Cajun chicken pasta that is a Copycat Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe. Skip dining out and stay in with this Instant Pot chicken pasta for dinner tonight.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Chicken and pasta are always welcome in my home. I love how tender and flavorful this chicken is paired with the Cajun alfredo sauce. I used Instant Pot chicken breasts but you can swap with instant pot boneless chicken thighs.
- Penne Pasta
- Boneless Chicken
- Cajun Seasoning
- Half and half
- Diced Tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
How to Make
Pasta | The first step is cooking the pasta in the Instant Pot as directed below. I used a rigatoni pasta, but any smaller style pasta can be substituted.
Season and Cook |You will want to season up your chicken and then sear in the Instant Pot as directed in the recipe card.
Sauce | Once you are ready to cook you will want to then work on the lemon cream sauce. Once it is all ready add your pasta, stir and then serve up the incredible Cajun pasta dish.
Kitchen Supplies for Cajun Chicken Pasta Chili’s Recipe
- Skillet | If you decide to cook the chicken in on the stovetop in a skillet while the pasta is cooking in your Instant Pot, a cast iron skillet is best.
- Cajun seasoning | Be sure to order Cajun seasoning online unless you have a specialty spice store near you. It can be difficult to find in a store.
- Nonstick inner pot | We prefer to use a nonstick inner pot when cooking most of the time. As you can see in the photos, we didn’t use a nonstick inner pot when cooking this meal. A nonstick inner pot makes both cleaning and deglazing the pan easier.
- Colander | These collapsible colanders are a life-saver. We use colanders nearly every day. If you have a smaller kitchen, collapsible colanders are a huge space-saver.
Storing Cajun Pasta Leftovers
If you have leftovers, just store in an airtight container in the fridge. This recipe reheats really nice so that it is great for using for lunches or an easy dinner later in the week.
You will find that the sauce thickens as it cools in the fridge. If you want you can add a bit more of the half and half when you go to reheat it. This is a great way to thin up the sauce if you feel you need it.
Does This Cajun Chicken Pasta Chili’s Recipe Freeze Well
Unfortunately due to the creamy white sauce, you will find it doesn’t thaw well once it has been frozen. It will curdle a bit and become off on the texture.
I recommend not freezing the leftovers you have, as it will not work that great.
Interested in More Pasta Recipes
- Philly Cheesesteak Pasta | Here is a wonderful recipe that is loaded with Philly cheesesteak pasta is one of my favorites. Green peppers, onions, and more.
- Chicken Alfredo Pasta | Here is the classic alfredo pasta you know and love. This is one of my favorite ways to cook this pasta dish.
- Spaghetti | If you are a fan of spaghetti consider making your own in the pressure cooker tonight. A quick and easy method that is loaded with flavor.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter (divided)
- 3 cups half and half
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, to garnish
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Add the penne pasta in the Instant Pot and cover the noodles with water. Close and seal the lid, making sure the pressure valve is sealed.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the cooking time finishes, do a quick pressure release, and then carefully open up the Instant Pot.
- Drain the noodles in a colander, and then place in a separate bowl and set aside. You can toss the noodles with a tablespoon of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and add 4 tablespoons of oil.
- Slice the chicken into strips and then season with Cajun seasoning and slice your chicken into strips and sauté (or cook whole, then slice later). Cook until the inside of your chicken reaches 165°.
- With the Instant Pot on sauté mode, add in butter, half-and-half, lemon zest,
pepper, salt, and garlic powder to the Instant
Pot. Stir and sauté until it starts to bubble.
- Add pasta to the sauce in the pot and stir.
- Transfer pasta to plates or a serving dish and top with chicken, diced tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese.
Alternatively, you can cook the chicken in the skillet while the pasta is cooking in the Instant Pot. Season your chicken with the Cajun seasoning.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 162mgSodium: 1143mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 36g