Consider making this Instant Pot blueberry muffin cake for breakfast or a mid-day dessert. A blueberry muffin recipe that is studded with sweet blueberries and cooked in your pressure cooker.
Table of contents
Blueberry Muffin Cake
This is the best blueberry bread loaf recipe I have made so far. A simple process for mixing and the Instant Pot pressure cooks the bread to a tender texture.
What Do I Need For This Blueberry Bread Recipe
- Cream Cheese
- Baking Soda
That is all you need to make this instant pot blueberry dessert. I used fresh blueberries but you are more than welcome to use frozen if that is what you have on hand.
The one thing with frozen is it will just bleed more blue color into your bread as you fold the berries into the wet batter.
How to Make Instant Pot Blueberry Bread Loaf
Blueberries | Add blueberries to a bowl with a little flour as directed in the recipe card. Stir to coat the berries.
Mix Wet | Add in your wet ingredients and get the mixture until it is nice and creamy.
Dry Ingredients | Now add in your dry ingredients to the wet batter and stir until it is incorporated. Make sure to not overmix the batter or it will make your blueberry loaf dense.
Fold in Berries | Fold in your blueberries and pour into your pans that are greased.
Cook | Cook your bread in the Instant Pot for 45 minutes. Make sure to cover your pans with aluminum foil to prevent condensation from seeping into the bread.
Once cooked you can remove carefully, let cool a bit, and then slice and serve this berry bread.
Instant Pot Baking Accessories
- Mini loaf pan for Instant Pot | These mini loaf pans are an essential for Instant Pot 'baking'. While we use a cake pan, push pan, and springform pan in a lot of our recipes, a loaf pan would work for many of the recipes too...except for cheesecakes. Also, you can use a mini loaf pan for pot-in-pot cooking.
- Trivet | Invest in an extra trivet. If you're anything like so many of us, sometimes one of your trivets will end up misplaced...or in the dishwasher, and it is helpful to have an extra.
- Small mixing bowl | This set of mixing bowls is it. The nesting stackable bowls are easily stored and perfect for both mixing and storing ingredients or leftovers.
- Medium mixing bowl | Another vote for the nesting mixing bowls. I actually have a couple sets of these bowls because of all the food photos I take, but one set works fantastically.
- Aluminum foil (100% recycled!) | This aluminum foil is where it's at. It is made of 100% recycled material, which is hard to come by in consumer products, and something that we should all strive to find more of.
- Hand-held mixer | If you live in a small space (think apartment living as an example), it is essential to have space saving kitchen appliances. While I loved my Kitchen Aid stand mixer, I simply didn't have room when we downsized to an apartment.
What is A Blueberry Muffin Cake
A muffin cake is a mix between a muffin and a cake. The texture will be denser than a classic muffin, but you have the flavor of a muffin. You are welcome to call it what you want.
No matter what you name this blueberry muffin cake, it is delicious.
Storing Your Blueberry Muffin Sweet Bread Cake
To store your bread you can place it in the fridge once it has cooled. I find it allows the bread to store a bit longer without spoiling.
Eat chilled from the fridge or toss in the microwave for a quick reheat.
You can also freeze any bread you don't plan to eat right away. Just place in an airtight freezer container and store for up to three months.
Thaw the night before or place on the counter for 30 minutes or so to allow it to thaw.
Variations To Recipe
- Use fresh or frozen blueberries
- Consider dicing up and adding in some strawberries or even raspberries
- Add some lemon juice and lemon zest to the recipe for a lemon blueberry recipe
- Dust the bread with some powder sugar for an elegant presentation value
- You can make a classic glaze to drizzle over the top of the bread