Check out this incredible Instant Pot Butternut Squash soup. This recipe is one of my favorites, and such a creamy butternut squash soup that is effortless to make.
Serve up your family or a crowd, and enjoy this velvety Instant Pot soup that will blow the Panera Butternut Squash Soup recipe out of the water.
Can you believe fall is here, and it is soup season? Or we call it soup season in our home.
Table of contents
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
Main Ingredients Needed
- Oil and butter
- Onion and Garlic
- Butternut squash
- chicken stock
- heavy cream
- goat cheese
- salt and pepper
How to Make Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
Saute | Saute the onions in the butter and oil. You want to get the onions to break down a bit and become soft and translucent.
Pressure Cook | Pour your stock in and scrape the bottom. Then add in your squash and fresh herbs, and cook according to the recipe card below.
Blend | Blend up your cooked squash to a creamy texture as well as adding in your cream to help give it a creamy texture.
What to Serve With This Butternut Squash Recipe
Salad or even some bread for dipping would be a great side to pair with your soup. Or if you want make this soup be the starter to a course style dinner.
This is the best butternut squash soup that is full of flavor but still light and mild.
Instant Pot Soup Recipe Supplies
- White Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 | This is the Instant Pot in the photos on this post. It is my favorite Instant Pot because it is elegant looking and looks great on the countertop.
- White soup bowls | These soup bowls are so versatile. Use them for soup or cereal, or any other meal that you'd use a bowl for.
- KitchenAid immersion blender | We love this immersion blender and frequently use it for creamed soups, sauces and salsa.
- Butcher's twine | Kitchen twine is very useful to have on hand when cooking with fresh herbs or making stuffed tenderloin for example.
- Fresh cracked pepper | There is nothing quite as flavorful as fresh spices. Freshly cracked pepper is so much better for seasoning than ground pepper.
Alternative to Cream
You are more than welcome to use a half and half or even milk to stir in. Just remember the cream is going to give this soup an ultra-creamy flavor and texture.
But you can use a whole milk or a half and half to stir in to your blended soup.
Does This Recipe Double
If you are wanting to serve a larger crowd go right ahead and double the recipe. The biggest thing is to watch the max fill line on the edge of the Instant Pot.
Do not go over that line or your pressure cooker will not come to pressure. Other than that you are more than welcome to whip up this soup doubled in size.
Want Even More Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- Chicken Noodle Soup | Here is a classic chicken noodle soup that will soothe you on a cold chilly day.
- Ham Potato Soup | This soup is awesome for serving up leftover soup in a whole new way.
- Bean Soup | Check out this bean soup as well for an easy dinner that is great leftover.