This Instant Pot recipe for Creme Brulee Cheesecake is one of my favorite cheesecake recipes to date. It is so rich and creamy, and has the burnt top, which is what creme brulee is best known for. If you're looking for a pressure cooker recipe for cheesecake, you really should try this one.
Table of contents
- What Is Creme Brulee
- How Do You Make Creme Brulee
- What Does Creme Brulee Taste Like
- How to Make Creme Brulee Cheesecake
- Helpful Supplies for Making Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- How to Tell If Cheesecake Is Done
- How to Make Creme Brulee Without a Torch
- Can You Freeze Cheesecake
- How Long Does Cheesecake Last
What Is Creme Brulee
Creme brulee is a classic dessert that got it's start in Europe. It's served at room temperature. The name creme brulee means burnt creme. Creme brulee is a rich custard dessert with sugar on top. The sugar is then caramelized with a torch.
How Do You Make Creme Brulee
Creme brulee is made in a similar way to cheesecake. When baking creme brulee in the oven, custard dishes with the custard filling are placed in water bath in a roasting pan. Water is added to the pan, so it reaches about 1/2 way up the ramekins.
What Does Creme Brulee Taste Like
To put it simply, creme brulee tastes absolutely wonderful. It is typically made with vanilla bean or vanilla extract, so it has a vanilla flavor. The caramelized topping reminds me of the flavor of a roasted marshmallow.
Like this recipe? Check out all off our Cheesecake Recipes. We're adding more extraordinary flavors all the time! A couple of our favorites, besides this one, are Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake and Oreo Cheesecake. Then, there's our Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Peppermint Cheesecake. And our Creme Brulee Cheesecake...WOW!
How to Make Creme Brulee Cheesecake
I start with a graham cracker crust for the cheesecake, which traditional creme brulee doesn't have. However, you could certainly skip the crust.
Creme Brulee Cheesecake is really easy to make. It is basically a traditional cheesecake recipe with a little bit of extra vanilla. The ingredients are all mixed in a large bowl, and then poured into a cheesecake pan.
I 'bake' this Creme Brulee Cheesecake in one of my electric pressure cookers because I love the way they work to bake cheesecake.
Cover with foil and lower into the pressure cooker with a sling. You can either buy one or make a sling out of foil. If you do a lot of cooking with your Instant Pot or pressure cooker, I definitely recommend that you purchase a sling.
After the cheesecake has cooled overnight and it's ready to serve, it is topped with sugar. A torch is used to caramelize the sugar.
Helpful Supplies for Making Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- 6-inch by 3-inch Push Pan or 7-inch by 3-inch Push Pan- I recently started using a high push pan instead of a spring-form pan. In my opinion, the cheesecake looks amazing this way.
- Silicone Sling- This is an essential unless you want to make a sling out of foil every time you make a cheesecake or use a pan in the Instant Pot that needs to be lifted out.
- Large Decorating Tips- I used a decorating tip and reusable icing bag to pipe frosting onto the top of the cake. It gives the cake a prettier, more professional style.
- Reusable Decorating Bag- Do yourself a favor and invest in a nice reusable bag for decorating cakes and cupcakes. It works so much better than the disposable bags and is better for the environment. Even better, they are pretty inexpensive.
- Parchment Rounds- Pre-cut parchment rounds (and squares) are available in a variety of sizes depending on your needs. This can be a huge time-saver so you don't have to measure and cut a circle out.
How to Tell If Cheesecake Is Done
The good thing about cooking a cheesecake in a pressure cooker is that it cooks the same every time, unless there is a problem with the seal. And, I've only had a problem with my Instant Pot seal one time.
The cheesecake will be firm, but a little bit jiggly when the cooking time is done. This is normal. Cheesecake continues to cook internally as it cools on the counter. This is why it is important to let the cheesecake set for an hour prior to transferring it to the refrigerator.
How to Make Creme Brulee Without a Torch
If you don't have a kitchen torch, you can order one or you can use the broiler setting on your oven to create a caramelized topping. If you use a broiler, be sure to watch the Creme Brulee Cheesecake carefully to make sure you don't over-caramelize the topping.
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It'll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
Can You Freeze Cheesecake
Yes, you can freeze cheesecake. Cheesecake is one of the easiest desserts to freeze, which makes it a great make-ahead dessert. To freeze a cheesecake, place the cheesecake on a baking pan. Put it into the freezer, uncovered. Then, let it freeze for several hours until it is pretty solid.
Transfer the cheesecake to a freezer safe bag, seal, and store 6-8 months in the freezer.
To serve a frozen cheesecake, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.
How Long Does Cheesecake Last
Cheesecake needs to be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. It is best to use refrigerated cheesecake within 5 or 6 days. However, it will last for up to 8 months in the freezer.
If you don't think you will eat a whole cheesecake, you can easily freeze half a cheesecake to enjoy later.
- Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipes (and Soup and Chili Recipes) You Have to Try
- Ninja Foodi Roast Recipe
- Sous Vide Pork Roast
- Instant Pot Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
- Apple Spice Cake in the Instant Pot
- Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes Cheesecake Recipe
- Blueberry Muffin Cake Recipe & Instant Pot Baking Accessories
- Peach Iced Tea - Instant Pot Iced Tea
- Instant Pot Quick Oats — Raisin, Apple and Maple Syrup Flavored