Sharing is caring!
Serve up a batch of these air fryer taquitos for a quick lunch or easy dinner. These homemade taquitos are made with taco meat, refried beans, cheese, and more rolled up in corn tortillas.
I will also share how long to cook frozen taquitos if you use these to meal prep into freezer meals for later.
We love Tex-Mex in our home, and these homemade beef taquitos are a must make.
Why You Will Enjoy These Beef Taquitos...
- 5 ingredients
- Freezes Well
- Great lunch or dinner option
- Quick to make
- Taco Meat
- Refried Beans
- Shredded Cheese
- Flour Tortilla
How to Make
Here is an overview of how to cook taquitos in air fryer. Full directions are in the printable recipe card below.
Start by cooking up your ground beef and season with taco seasoning.
In a bowl you will add your meat, beans, salsa, and shredded cheese.
Spread on the flour tortilla and roll up. Place the taquitos in the air fryer, and cook as directed.
If you happen to have leftovers you can store the taquitos in the fridge, or freeze for later.
The taquitos are great reheated. Place in the fridge in an airtight container. Store the taquitos for up to 3 days in the fridge.
In terms of freezing, you can freeze the taquitos for 3-4 months. Then reheat from frozen or thaw in the fridge overnight before you reheat.
Variations and Tips For Recipe
- You can use any type of meat you want for these taquitos. Shredded chicken, shredded beef, ground turkey, etc.
- If you are not a fan of refried beans you can leave them out and use black beans or do not beans at all.
- Leave space in between all the taquitos or they will not crisp up properly.
- Add in some shredded cheese - sharp, Mexican, mozzarella, etc.
- Spritz shells with oil to help give them a golden crispy color.
- Use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas.
You can place your frozen taquitos in the air fryer and heat at 375 degrees until the taquitos are fully warmed through.
You can indeed cook store-bought taquitos in the air fryer, you will use a similar strategy as you would with these homemade taquitos. They should cook up in about 8-10 minutes.
You will find that the taquitos will need to be spritzed with cooking spray. The cooking spray will make the taquitos turn golden brown.
Supplies used to make the best Beef and Bean Taquitos
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp with Air Fryer
- or Air fryer lid (for your Instant Pot DUO)
- 7 inch Bake Pan
- Mixing Bowls
- Taco Holders
- Kitchen Tongs with Silicone Tip
Ingredients used for an easy Air Fryer Beef and Bean Taquitos Recipe
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, blend the taco meat, refried beans, salsa, and cheddar cheese.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the meat off-center in each tortilla. Roll up the tortilla as tightly as possible without tearing the tortilla and place it on the baking sheet with the seam side down.
- Place the taquitos in the air fryer for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, or until lightly browned.
- Serve with additional salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
- Can my dog eat Beef and Bean Taquitos? Dogs can eat beans and there are prudent ways to integrate them into their diet (they have a lot of calories), since they should only eat them as a treat and never be the basis of their diet. Similarly, tortillas, similar to beans, have calories, and excess of these can be counterproductive for the dog, causing obesity, kidney and bladder problems. Ideally, give your dog the beef without spicy sauce or spices that will harm him.
- Can my cat eat Beef and Bean Taquitos? The bean is not toxic to cats, therefore, they can eat it, but you should know that only in small quantities because it can harm them. As with cheese, it is preferable not to give it, since many cats are lactose intolerant. Cats have a different diet than humans, they are primarily carnivores, so it would be best to give them only meat, but without any hot sauce or strong condiments that can hurt their stomach.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11 in 1, Electric Pressure Cooker with Air Fryer, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate, Slow Cook, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, 8 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid 6 in 1, No Pressure Cooking Functionality, 6 Qt, 1500 W
Instant Pot Lid and Removable Official Round Cook/Bake Pan with Lid & Removable Base, 7-inch, 32 ounce capacity, Red
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 Piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls by Umite Chef, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
Taco Holders 4 Packs - Stainless Steel Taco Stand Rack Tray Style by ARTTHOME, Oven Safe for Baking, Dishwasher and Grill Safe
Kaluns Kitchen Tongs for Cooking, Non Stick Silicone Tip Stainless Steel Tongs, Set of Four 7,9, and 12 Inch Tong Plus Silicone Spatula Non-stick, Heat Resistant Serving Utensils
Amount Per Serving Calories 346Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 64mgSodium 706mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 23g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!