Serve up a batch of these air fryer taquitos for a quick lunch or easy dinner. These homemade taquitos are made with taco meat, refried beans, cheese, and more rolled up in corn tortillas.
I will also share how long to cook frozen taquitos if you use these to meal prep into freezer meals for later.
We love Tex-Mex in our home, and these homemade beef taquitos are a must make.
Why You Will Enjoy These Beef Taquitos...
- 5 ingredients
- Freezes Well
- Great lunch or dinner option
- Quick to make
- Taco Meat
- Refried Beans
- Shredded Cheese
- Flour Tortilla
How to Make
Here is an overview of how to cook taquitos in air fryer. Full directions are in the printable recipe card below.
Start by cooking up your ground beef and season with taco seasoning.
In a bowl you will add your meat, beans, salsa, and shredded cheese.
Spread on the flour tortilla and roll up. Place the taquitos in the air fryer, and cook as directed.
If you happen to have leftovers you can store the taquitos in the fridge, or freeze for later.
The taquitos are great reheated. Place in the fridge in an airtight container. Store the taquitos for up to 3 days in the fridge.
In terms of freezing, you can freeze the taquitos for 3-4 months. Then reheat from frozen or thaw in the fridge overnight before you reheat.
Variations and Tips For Recipe
- You can use any type of meat you want for these taquitos. Shredded chicken, shredded beef, ground turkey, etc.
- If you are not a fan of refried beans you can leave them out and use black beans or do not beans at all.
- Leave space in between all the taquitos or they will not crisp up properly.
- Add in some shredded cheese - sharp, Mexican, mozzarella, etc.
- Spritz shells with oil to help give them a golden crispy color.
- Use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas.
You can place your frozen taquitos in the air fryer and heat at 375 degrees until the taquitos are fully warmed through.
You can indeed cook store-bought taquitos in the air fryer, you will use a similar strategy as you would with these homemade taquitos. They should cook up in about 8-10 minutes.
You will find that the taquitos will need to be spritzed with cooking spray. The cooking spray will make the taquitos turn golden brown.