Whip up this baby back rib recipe that is loaded with Asian Flavor. Instant Pot ribs are then finished off in the oven for a sticky glaze. This pork ribs recipe is loaded with flavor.
If you have not made pork ribs in Instant Pot, you are missing out. Fall off the bone tender ribs that are seasoned with sticky bbq seasoning for an Asian flare.
Make these Instant Pot beef ribs or pork ribs, both types of meat work great for this exact recipe for sticky ribs.
Table of contents
- Why Will You Love This Sticky Rib Recipe
- Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Sticky Ribs
- Supplies Used to Make Baby Back Sticky Ribs
- How to Make Instant Pot Ribs
- What To Serve With Pressure Cooker Baby Back Ribs?
- Can You Cook Frozen Ribs in Instant Pot?
- Tips For Making BBQ Ribs
- More Instant Pot Recipes
Why Will You Love This Sticky Rib Recipe
- Tender ribs
- Sticky ribs
- Dry rub homemade spice
- Homemade sticky sauce glaze
- Fall apart ribs that are finger-licking good
- Pressure cooked to perfection
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Sticky Ribs
- Salt & Pepper
- Baby Back Ribs
- Chinese 5 Spice
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Chili Sauce
- Tamari or coconut aminos
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Green Onions (optional)
Supplies Used to Make Baby Back Sticky Ribs
- Instant Pot
- Instant Pot air fryer lid (optional)
- Mixing bowls
- Baking sheet
- Silpat baking mat
- Basting brush
How to Make Instant Pot Ribs
Start by mixing up your dry spices in a bowl. This is what you will use to rub all over your ribs. Whisk your wet sauce ingredients in a bowl and then set aside.
Toss your ribs in the dry ingredients, to coat them fully. Stack in the Instant Pot and then pour the liquid over the ribs.
Place the lid on your pressure cooker and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Pressure cook as directed in the recipe card that is below.
Once done, naturally release for 10 minutes, and remove the lids.
Then turn the saute feature on saute, and then bring to a boil, and stir in the cornstarch slurry.
Glaze the top of ribs and then broil in the oven until sticky. Remove and serve!
What To Serve With Pressure Cooker Baby Back Ribs?
Even a cucumber and onion salad would be a delicious pairing. Feel free to reach for any or all your favorite sides.
Can You Cook Frozen Ribs in Instant Pot?
The beauty of the Instant Pot is you can use frozen meat in the pressure cooker. Frozen ribs in the Instant Pot will take longer for the pressure cooker to come to pressure.
But the cooking time will stay the same. Or if you are concerned they won't fully cook you could add 2-3 extra minutes to the timing.
Tips For Making BBQ Ribs
- Make sure to cut and prep your ribs by removing the membrane and such off the raw ribs.
- Season your ribs evenly for an even layer of flavor.
- Make sure to cook down your sauce to make a thick glaze or it won't be sticky.
- Broiling in the oven helps to give these the perfect texture. If you own an air fryer or Duo crisp you can use that in replace of baking.