Calling all apple lovers! This Apple Spice Cake in the Instant Pot is about to become your new best friend. Packed full of flavors and so simple to whip up!
If you're ready for a tasty spice cake recipe, this is the one for you. This easy apple recipe is a simple way to fuel your taste buds with a simple homemade recipe.
Table of contents
In just a short amount of time, this Apple Cake recipe is a simple solution for a fast and easy dessert.
This recipe has that wonderful apple flavoring with a sweet, sweet taste. Perfect for fall, and perfect for sharing with your family and friends.
Apple Spice Cake in the Instant Pot
Variations to this Apple Spice Cake recipe
As you'll see below, this apple cake recipe is pretty straight-forward but there are things that you can do to change it up a bit.
Since the top of the cake is what has the apple pie filling, you can easily overstep that and use fresh apples instead. I would think that sweet apples like Gala apples or Honeycrisp would provide a sweet and crisp flavor easily.
If you want a tart flavor, you could then try and use Granny Smith apples instead. There are so many options for apples to try!
What spices are used in apple cake?
This recipe is so simple and focuses on using sugars and cinnamon as the main spices added. This doesn't mean that you can't add more but this is a great place to start.
Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
How to store Instant Pot Apple Spice Cake
Storing your cake is important because you don't want it to dry out! The easiest way to store this cake is to put it in a container with a lid and keep it in the fridge.
This will keep out the airflow and keep the cake as moist and tender as possible.
If you do notice that your cake has started to dry out a bit, you can always pop it in the microwave for a short period of time to help it out.
Supplies for Apple Spice Cake in the Instant Pot
- 7-inch springform pan | Perfect size for a shareable cake.
- Round parchment paper | Will keep your cake from sticking to the pan.
- Heart spoon | Fun spoon to mix and have fun with!
- Medium-sized bowl | This is the perfect sized bowl to get it all mixed together and ready to cook.
- Trivet | Easy to put in and lift out.
- 1 large piping bag | The piping bag is used to decorate the cake. It's a reusable piping bag, so you can keep it on hand for all your cake decorating needs.
- Large star frosting tip | A large star frosting tip is what we used to get the decorative look around the outside top of the cake.
- Cake leveler | We used a cake leveler to make layers for the cake. This is an essential tool to have if you want to mimic bakery-style layered cakes at home.
Fun Ways to Share this Apple Spice Cake
There is nothing better than sharing a warm slice of cake with family and friends. This easy cake recipe is perfect for brunch or an after-dinner treat.
Slice off a piece and share it with the ones you love. They'll be so thankful you did! Pile those toppings high and get ready to dig in. This is one simple cake recipe that will make everyone's day!