2 ingredients are all you need to make these air fryer tortilla chips. These corn tortilla chips are crunchy, salty, and perfect for dipping.
Learn how to make tortilla chips in your air fryer. An easy homemade tortilla chip that takes minimal effort to make.
Why This Air Fryer Tortilla Chips Recipe Is A Hit...
- restaurant style tortilla chips
- air fried chips - without the excess oil
- 2 ingredients
- easy prep
- Corn Tortillas
How To Make
Start by cutting the tortillas into 6 wedges.
Then you will place some of the tortilla wedges into the air fryer. Make sure to leave space between each of them.
Air fry as directed until crispy. Then when they are done carefully remove and sprinkle with salt.
Make sure your chips fully cool then place your corn tortilla chips in a bag or airtight container. They will store on the counter for 2-3 days.
You will find after that the chips can go stale a bit. The tortilla chips are best fresh of course.
Variations To Recipe
- Air Fryer Nachos - pile on shredded or cooked meat, cheese, and other nacho toppings to cooked chips. Heat until the cheese is melted.
- Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips - take cooked chips and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture right after cooking. If it won't stick spritz lightly with oil to help the sugar mixture stick.
- Flour Tortilla Chips in Air Fryer - Skip the corn and make air fryer flour chips. They will be crispy, light, and so delicious. For a healthy tortilla chip reach for low carb tortillas.
Helpful tips and tricks on how to make tortilla chips from tortillas in the air fryer.
- Make sure to leave space between the chips. Or they will not air fry evenly.
- If you find they are not crisping up the way you want, consider adding a spritz of oil to the chips.
- This recipe works with flour or corn tortillas. Try making it with homemade flour tortillas.
- Allow chips to fully cool before storing, or condensation can build and soften the chips in the container.
Absolutely! Just take your chips and place them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Cook at 400 degrees until the chips have gotten crispy.
Some tortilla chips can have gluten depending on if they are made with corn or flour shells. You will want to read the package before buying as some foods are made in factories that contain gluten.
You can indeed fry flour tortillas if you would like. Just heat the oil to 350 degrees, then cook until they are golden brown in color. Place the cooked tortillas on a paper towel-lined plate.
Dogs should not eat tortilla chips. While they can digest corn, it is something I don't recommend feeding your dog.