Pork Chops with the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer is the ultimate way to cook pork chops in air fryer! Almond and parmesan coated pork chops, air fried to a juicy and crispy texture.
Pork chops in air fryer is one recipe I will be making often. This recipe is crazy simple to prep, and the moist chops won me over. I tested this air fryer recipe out in a classic air fryer, as well as my new Instant Pot Duo Crisp!
Table of contents
- Air Fryer Thick Pork Chops
- How Long To Cook Pork Chops
- How to Make Parmesan Pork Chops
- Ingredients Used in Recipe
- How to Make Pork Chops in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pork Chops Cooking Time
- Supplies Used to Make Pork Chops
- More Pork Chop Recipes Air Fryer Ideas
- What Is the Difference Between a Pork Chop and Pork Steak?
- Craving more pork recipes
- Can You Stack Meat In Air Fryer
- How to Make Meat Tender
- Get the recipe.
You could make this a Ninja air fryer pork chops recipe too. It works great.
If you haven't tried out the Duo Crisp, I highly recommend it. You can fry, roast, bake and broil on top of so many other Instant Pot functions. And it also can steam, slow cook, and sous vide.
Air Fryer Thick Pork Chops
I whipped up these pork chops the other night for dinner and paired with a crisp green salad. Dinner was so delicious, and I loved the crunch from the air fryer.
How Long To Cook Pork Chops
Now, this all depends on the thickness of your meat, and how your air fryer cooks. All air fryers are a bit different, so even though they cook a bit differently.
The biggest thing is ensuring pork chops reach an internal temp that is required. For my size of chops, it took around 14 minutes to fully cook my chops.
How to Make Parmesan Pork Chops
This is a gluten free pork chops recipe, so the parmesan crust is made using air fryer functions on our Instant Pot Duo Crisp with Air Fryer. It uses smart programs to cook food to perfection.
Using the Duo Crisp with Air Fryer, you can bake, broil and dehydrate on top of other traditional Instant Pot pressure cooking functions to quickly pressure cook, sauté and steam and slow cooker.
With a few quick and easy steps, you too can dine on this great recipe.
Ingredients Used in Recipe
- Thick pork chops
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Pork Chops in Air Fryer
- Beat the egg on a saucer or shallow bowl.
- Chop up the nuts and mix with Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on pork chops, to taste. Add in some garlic powder if desired. Base this on your seasoning preference.
- Then, dredge the pork chops through the egg. Let the excess drip off.
- Finally coat the pork chops in the Parmesan cheese mixture. Gently shake off any excess coating.
- While it isn't a requirement, you can lightly spray the coated pork chops with nonstick cooking spray to enhance the golden brown crispy fried coating.
- Add the meat to the air fryer basket and get ready to fry.
See the step-by-step images below to see how to make this easy air fryer pork chops recipe.
Air Fryer Pork Chops Cooking Time
How Long Do You Air Fry Pork Chops?
How long to cook pork chops in air fryer depends on a few factors: cut, cooking temperature, and thickness. This recipe is for air fryer boneless pork chops.
Thick cut boneless pork chops
Since this recipe uses air fryer 1 inch pork chops, the cook time is 14 minutes. If using a thicker cut, you might need to increase the cooking time to up to 20 minutes.
Thin cut pork chops
You can also make thin pork chops in air fryers, but you will want to reduce the cooking time. Consider checking at 12 minutes for doneness.
What about the cooking time for bone in pork chops in the air fryer? You can increase the cooking temperature to 380 and keep the cooking time to 12-15 minutes, again depending on the thickness of the air fryer pork loin chops. As with boneless pork chops, you need to check the doneness of the meat.
Air fryer pork chops no breading
The cook time would be the same with or without breading. Base the pork chop air fryer time on the thickness of the meat.
Optimal Internal Temp for Pork
You want to cook your chops till they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Then after you remove from the air fryer, place aluminum foil over the top and let the chops sit for 5-10 minutes.
Allowing the meat to rest is an important step before serving. This allows the juices in the meat to redistribute and you have a juicier, more tender serving of meat.
Supplies Used to Make Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer | This is such a versatile tool. You can make everything from air-fried food to slow cooked food, to pressure cooked spaghetti sauce.
- Digital thermometer | A handy kitchen necessity whenever cooking meat. It's also good to have on hand for candy making and any other recipe where you need to reach or maintain a specific temperature.
- Tongs with silicone tips | Tongs with silicone tips are an essential kitchen product if you cook using nonstick pans. These are heat safe and hold their own in the kitchen.
More Pork Chop Recipes Air Fryer Ideas
While these are truly the best damn pork chops, there are many other ideas to these pork chops. Some favorite flavor suggestions include:
- Traditional flour based breaded chops with bone served with fried mac n cheese balls.
- Pork chops without breading using favorite seasonings. This is wonderful served with a salad.
- Stuffed pork chops. Consider filling with a homemade stuffing; cream cheese, cheddar and jalapeño mixture, or even stuffed with mac n cheese!
- Bacon wrapped pork chops. Yum.
What Is the Difference Between a Pork Chop and Pork Steak?
According to Pork.org,
A Pork blade steak comes from a roast cut that's been sliced. Blade steaks ... If you do not have pork steaks on hand, substitute your favorite pork chops instead
The pork organization also notes,
Pork chops are the most popular cut from the pork loin, which is the strip of meat that runs from the pig's hip to shoulder.
You could also use pork steak in air fryer recipes.
Craving more pork recipes
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork Tacos | Craving Tacos? Here is a super easy pulled pork recipe that is fantastic for taco Tuesday.
- Pork Enchilada Casserole | If you are a fan of casseroles, here is a pork enchilada casserole that is hearty and savory.
- Instant Pot Pork Chops With Cream Sauce | Creamy sauce smothered pork chops are one recipe we enjoy as well. They are tasty and loaded with rich flavor.
Can You Stack Meat In Air Fryer
You do not want to stack your pork chops. If you stack your chops, you will find the areas that touch will not crisp up.
They also can be under-cooked if the meat overlaps. So make sure to leave room in between each pork chop that way the air can fully circulate around the pork chops.
How to Make Meat Tender
Three ways to tenderize pork include:
- Use a meat mallet and pound the chops. A mallet is often used to tenderize meat. This recipe doesn't call for it, but it is something you could do to enhance the tenderness.
- Marinade. Many recipes call for marinating meat for 30 minutes to several hours prior to cooking. This is ensure tenderness while cooking. It also increases the flavor.
- Brine. Brining involves soaking a meat (typically lean meat) in a salt water solution over a number of hours. The purpose is for the meat to absorb extra liquid, thus making for a juicier serving of meat.