Serve up these air fryer biscuit donuts for breakfast this week. A biscuit donut that is rolled in powdered sugar. Learn how to make donuts with biscuits.
An easy donut recipe that takes just a couple of ingredients to make. No deep frying, just air fry to golden perfection.
Table of contents
I love my air fryer, and canned biscuits in the air fryer are a homerun. It was hard to stop eating them.
Why You Will Enjoy This Air Fryer Donuts Recipe...
- Canned Biscuits as base
- Variety of ways to dress your donuts - glazed, powdered, plain, etc
- Canned Biscuits
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make
Full directions on how to make air fryer biscuit donuts are in the printable recipe card below.
Start by taking a tip to a piping kit or small circle cookie cutter and cut out the center of the donuts.
Then you will place parchment paper in the air fryer, and air fryer for a portion of time, then flip and repeat till golden brown on the other side.
Roll donuts in powdered sugar, and then serve!
Air fryer donuts from biscuits are best served fresh. You will find the texture alters a bit once they are cooled. So I recommend making these up and serving fresh.
If you happen to have leftover donuts, you can store in an airtight container once the donuts have fully cooled.
Donuts will last for around 1-2 days at room temperature.
Variations To Recipe
- Make a powdered sugar glaze
- Powdered donuts
- Chocolate Glaze donuts
- Cinnamon and Sugar Mixture
- Serve Plain
- Do icing and sprinkles
So here are a few tips for making biscuit donuts in air fryer.
- Use a cookie cutter or shot glass to cut out the center of the biscuit dough donuts. Anything small and round will do.
- Make sure you leave space between each donut. This will ensure you get an even cook on your donuts.
- If your donuts are pale and you want a more golden color, spritz with cooking oil, to help brown it up. Use an oil mister to achieve the brown coloring.
- Dust with powdered sugar once the donuts have cooled a bit. Otherwise, the sugar will melt into the donuts.
- You can freeze any donuts you don't eat for 2-3 months. The powdered sugar can melt a little once it thaws.
Making donuts in the air fryer is a breeze. Once you try this method you will never look back! Golden brown donuts topped how you would like.
Air fry up your centers of the biscuits. They can become donut bites! Just cook them a bit less, as they are smaller in size.
Use an oil mister to lightly oil your air fryer basket or tray. Then place your donut biscuits on the tray. This will help prevent the biscuits from sticking.
Ninja Foodi donuts are made the same way as you would in the air fryer. Just use the crisping lid on your Ninja Foodi. The same goes for the Instant Pot Duo crisp!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Food Cooking Times
- Easy Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Fried Oreos
- Frozen French Fries
- Whiskey Chicken Legs
Serve with a copycat Starbucks Pink Drink.
As you can see this is a great alternative to fried donuts. You get the same flavor but without the excess grease.